Position Changes

Guest GrayEagleOne

If Woody Wilson had trouble understanding Dickey's offense then how is he going to execute Todd Dodge's offense? That's like asking someone who can't work their Tivo to build a nuclear bomb. Woody Wilson will get a courtesy look at QB during the spring then he will be moved to a position where he can really help the team: WR, RB or DB. I think he is a fantastic athlete.

Daniel Meager is horrible.

Matt Phillips has the potential to be a great quarterback, but I think it would be in his best interest to transfer. He is not a fit for Dodgeball. All of Dodge's SLC QB's have one thing in common: great mobility. The QB must be a running threat in this offense to open up things downfield. While Matt Phillips has a wonderful arm, he is about as mobile as a fire hydrant and is no longer a good fit at UNT. I think he can have great success somewhere else in a more traditional offense.

Nathan Tune is wildly unproven, but may be the best candidate among the current crop of UNT QBs. However, I would be a little reluctant pinning my hopes on a kid who didn't even start at a Class 3A high school until his senior year. That said, he looked amazing in the all-star game and the former coaching staff was very high on him. I'm rooting for him.

There is a great chance that UNT's starting QB next season is still in high school right now. I can't wait to find out what kind of talent Dodge can bring to Denton at the QB position.

Daniel Meager is horrible.

MG Insurance Pro,

Opinions are like Butt holes.

Everybody's got one and the other guy's always stinks.

I think Meager can be a good qb. But it doesn't matter what anyone other than Todd Dodge thinks. He will decide what qb is right for his system.

MG Insurance Pro,

Opinions are like Butt holes.

Everybody's got one and the other guy's always stinks.

I think Meager can be a good qb. But it doesn't matter what anyone other than Todd Dodge thinks. He will decide what qb is right for his system.

Technically, it is an opinion, but it is an opinion based on Meager's won/loss record, passing statistics and injury history. And those FACTS support my opinion.