Unt And Dodge

edcollopy

Craig James is someone I hate

However during the Troy game on ESPN2 in 05 he was very complimentary FWIW

He (Craig James) had UNT grad and ESPN play by play man Dave Barnett in the broadcast booth with him as well as College Football & UNT Hall of Famer Hayden Fry who would join those 2 from ESPN at half time; so probably a very convenient time for the ex SMU Pony Expre$$er to say some nice things about The University of North Texas? :rolleyes:

Of course, Craig James' tour of the Mean Green Village earlier on that Game Day and his most positive comments about what he saw seemed most sincere. Craig James is an SMU homer, but had Hayden Fry been around to recruit him for NT, he would have been a UNT homer that evening.

SMU NOT ALL BAD: Honestly, some SMU'ers I've worked with here in the Metroplex are nothing like a hardy handful of those who post snippets on a regular basis toward UNT on their PonyFans.com. message board/forum. Of course, some of us have done the same with SMU, now haven't we?:)

I have also been a long time admirer of the late Lamar Hunt who didn't act like many born into mega-wealth have sometimes been known to act. Mrs. Lamar (Norma) Hunt is a graduate of the University of North Texas and I believe GrayEagleOne and others from that era knew her when she was a student at our Denton campus.

:blink: Please don't send me boxes with something ticking inside it, but I attended the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl game when SMU played the OU Sooners and I was 100% behind the Mustangs that day. Little did I know back then that I'd one day attend NT and that Hayden Fry would be our future coach at NT post his SMU firing. Funny how life works sometimes, now isn't it. BTW, SMU beat OU in that bowl game which was one of the most exciting college football games I'd ever seen. My oh my how the college football scene has changed here in the Lone Star State. :blink:

An NT/SMU game at Ford Stadium (Fouts Field @ University Park?) :) that I would not have attended until about 3 weeks ago will now be on my 2007 Saturday schedule. SMU may need to bring in extra seats for that game to insure that all of us Dodge Ball Mean Green gorillas have a place to sit. :o

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

---Your experiences with SMU alums much have been better than mine.... Most that I know have a "God I'm good" attitude.

--- I won't sent a a package in the mail that ticks.... digital clocks don't tick.