Big Game Question

AnotherEagleFan

Obviously we would love to go undefeated. But, with the new coach next year would you rather play a really good game against our bigger teams (OU and Arkansas) and lose respectable? "Really good game" meaning no turnovers, we throw the ball (on first down) try to play for field position (you know do all the smart football stuff... :) )

Or, would you rather see the team go all out for a win even if it means the risk of losing by a larger margin? meaning that we try things like fake punts when they least expect it (on our 30).

I think against teams like OU you have to play to win. No one think we will even score so go all out and make them show you some respect. We must take our respect if we want it they will never give it to us. But against teams in the SunBelt Hell just play the damn game the right way and we can win look at the 2002, 2003, 2004, we played to win those games. But big schools like OU we play to hold on. Bend but don’t break what kind of crap is that.

I think against teams like OU you have to play to win. No one think we will even score so go all out and make them show you some respect. We must take our respect if we want it they will never give it to us. But against teams in the SunBelt Hell just play the damn game the right way and we can win look at the 2002, 2003, 2004, we played to win those games. But big schools like OU we play to hold on. Bend but don’t break what kind of crap is that.

Please tell me you haven't taken English I yet. That's the biggest train wreck I've read, bar none.

I once told my english professor in response to a run-on sentence, "I'm so manly even my sentences don't have periods"

Look no further than the KSU win over Texas this year for your answer. They went so far as to run two halfback passes in a row.

When you're outgunned, you gotta pull out all the stops.

yeah, but you cant even compare us to K-state... they have a much better team then we do. lets get out there, not get blown out. remember ppl, we are still going to have DD kids for a couple of more years. its gonna be awhile before we see true "dodge ball." i wanna see what this team will look like in a couple of years with HIS kids in here

yeah, but you cant even compare us to K-state... they have a much better team then we do. lets get out there, not get blown out. remember ppl, we are still going to have DD kids for a couple of more years. its gonna be awhile before we see true "dodge ball." i wanna see what this team will look like in a couple of years with HIS kids in here

I think it is wrong to say these are DD's kids. We know that there is a ton of talent on the team. It did not look like it because DD/Rf/Bliel had no clue how to use them correctly. Look a post further down talking about taking 2 All-state D-Linemen and trying to force them in to OL.

Just plain clueless. If TD can get a couple of WR and Big "Blocking" OL then this team will be back at the top of the mountain. Plus add some discipline which had been lacking the last 4-5 years and there is already a solid young base for TD to work his magic with.

I think it is wrong to say these are DD's kids. We know that there is a ton of talent on the team. It did not look like it because DD/Rf/Bliel had no clue how to use them correctly. Look a post further down talking about taking 2 All-state D-Linemen and trying to force them in to OL.

Just plain clueless. If TD can get a couple of WR and Big "Blocking" OL then this team will be back at the top of the mountain. Plus add some discipline which had been lacking the last 4-5 years and there is already a solid young base for TD to work his magic with.

Not defending DD, just explaining.

NT lost so many OL to grades, quitting and not being able to play at the DI level that he had no choice but to move somebody to OL and these were the best option.

Simple answer-

I play to win, score every way I can think of, kick the crap out of 'em, stop their offense!

IMO, there are great players on this team now, and these players can win! As bad as the '05 and '06 seasons were, these kids never gave up, played 110%, and played with alot of guts and

heart! Hell, look at the LSU game. That bunch was moving the ball on the Tigers! I saw several

good drives against good teams, then seems like everything would go to crap and fall apart!

I beleive that TD will teach and develop each and everyone of the current players into his system,

and the kids will know they CAN BEAT ANYBODY they play !

Play like they care. That's all I ask. I disagree with Charlie though, the team did not give any effort against MTSU. They didn't look like they gave a damn. I just want somebody who plays with PRIDE.

Maybe one day NT can get away from the "Paycheck Games" like OU, tu, LSU, Nebraska, Arkansas, et al.

In the past NT has needed them to survive and grow the program. Hopefully as long as Dodge is here, we can rely on playing teams closer to our caliber.

Maybe one day NT can get away from the "Paycheck Games" like OU, tu, LSU, Nebraska, Arkansas, et al.

In the past NT has needed them to survive and grow the program. Hopefully as long as Dodge is here, we can rely on playing teams closer to our caliber.

The real hope here shouldn't be to get away from these type oponents, it should be to play them as equals and not get paid for it.