Today Is Juco Early Signing Day

OldTimer

This is what I had in mind for us. We need this kind of D-lineman.

Oklahoma State head football coach Mike Gundy has announced the signing of defensive tackle Tonga “Junior” Tea (pronounced TEE-uh) to a national letter of intent. Tea, a first-team All-America selection from Snow Junior College, is expected to join the Cowboys in January and participate in spring drills with OSU.

“He’ll be a great addition for us and will give us some strength and maturity on the interior of our defense,” said Gundy. “We’re very excited about his attitude and the excitement he has about the game of football. By coming in and participating in spring practice, he’ll be a big addition.”

Tea was named a first-team National Junior College Athletic Association All-American and Rivals ranked him as one of the top 30 two-year players in the country, regardless of position. Scout’s JCFootball.com considers Tea as the nation’s best junior college defensive tackle and a top-10 overall prospect.

The 6-0, 310-pound native of Anchorage, Alaska, played just one season of high school football at East Anchorage High School, but still earned all-state honors. He redshirted his first year at Snow.

As a sophomore, Tea was credited with 24 tackles, including nine tackles behind the line of scrimmage, 3.5 quarterback sacks and he forced a fumble. He was twice named as the Badgers’ defensive player of the week despite facing constant double teams.

Snow finished the season ranked No. 2 in the junior college poll, and the Snow defense was among the top 15 units in the country each of the last two seasons. The Badgers allowed just 211 yards per game in 2006.

This is what I had in mind for us. We need this kind of D-lineman.

Oklahoma State head football coach Mike Gundy has announced the signing of defensive tackle Tonga “Junior” Tea (pronounced TEE-uh) to a national letter of intent. Tea, a first-team All-America selection from Snow Junior College, is expected to join the Cowboys in January and participate in spring drills with OSU.

“He’ll be a great addition for us and will give us some strength and maturity on the interior of our defense,” said Gundy. “We’re very excited about his attitude and the excitement he has about the game of football. By coming in and participating in spring practice, he’ll be a big addition.”

Tea was named a first-team National Junior College Athletic Association All-American and Rivals ranked him as one of the top 30 two-year players in the country, regardless of position. Scout’s JCFootball.com considers Tea as the nation’s best junior college defensive tackle and a top-10 overall prospect.

The 6-0, 310-pound native of Anchorage, Alaska, played just one season of high school football at East Anchorage High School, but still earned all-state honors. He redshirted his first year at Snow.

As a sophomore, Tea was credited with 24 tackles, including nine tackles behind the line of scrimmage, 3.5 quarterback sacks and he forced a fumble. He was twice named as the Badgers’ defensive player of the week despite facing constant double teams.

Snow finished the season ranked No. 2 in the junior college poll, and the Snow defense was among the top 15 units in the country each of the last two seasons. The Badgers allowed just 211 yards per game in 2006.

We already have a guy like that on our roster. We just cant figure out why he is never on the field? Isaac Thomas is that guy for this defense. In the 3-4, he should be a huge impact player, but there seems to be lingerring effects of his illness... whatever that really was? He told me it was an enzyme problem and they had it corrected. Maybe I missed something, but I sure didnt see him on the field much this past season? He did play sparingly, but we need him to be out there more. I guess we leave those issues to our new "Master of the Mean Green". I expect he will evaluate EVERYONE on the team and our best players will be out there.

Let's get going, Coach Dodge!...I hope you win another state title, but hurry up and get here!

GMG!!!