Congrats To #54 Of The Kc Chiefs

SUMG

Impressive for Romo considering he was added to the ballot ony a couple of weeks ago. By the way SUMG, what is your avatar photo of?

Rick

Rick.......that was Kinky Friedman's merchandise trailer during the campaign. It was called the "Gov Bug".

Edited by SUMG

Interesting info on Nathan. He really seems to be a special kid and David Hinjosa of the DMNews noticed him. Also some neat comments from his dad Steve Tune.

http://hs.beloblog.com/archives/2006/08/no...g_a_tune_1.html

August 18, 2006

North Texas carrying a Tune

It was good to read today about Celina’s ex-QB Nathan Tune earning a scholarship at North Texas. The true freshman went there as a walk on and shined in North Texas’ first scrimmage. Tune is about as good an athlete as I’ve ever seen come out of Celina in my six years here. He did an outstanding job helping lead Celina to the 28-12 victory against Omaha Paul Pewitt in last year’s Class 2A Division II championship by rushing for three second half touchdowns, including a 56-yarder in the fourth quarter. He outshined Ennis’ Clark Harrell for the North in the

Texas High School Coaches All-Star game last month.

Posted by David Hinojosa email.gif at 1:59 PM (E-mail this entry) | | Comments (1)

Comments Thanks David for the kind comments re: Nathan! You, we all saw what he can do in the THSCA All-Star game. Had his HS circumstances been different, he probably would have had big stats and been considered one of the top QBs in the State (at least in DFW area) out of the 2005 Class. Mind you, Celina is a special place and we would not trade our 7 years here for anything. Very special community without question!! However, press and spotlight for Nathan was not meant to be. I call him "Cinderella Man" since he was underutilized in a power running offense and in 2A which gets little to no respect from D-1 schools. I can say that the good Lord must have bigger plans for him as he was put to test on several occasions over the past 8 months going back to the State Game. He broke his throwing arm elbow in the district tract meet last April (running high hurdles/a coach walked in front of him while doing his run up) which delayed his weight lifting/throwing 2 plus months. He then survived a accident (rollover) in his truck (2 weeks before All-Star game) where his girlfriend made him put his seatbelt on seconds before the accident (speed was not a factor). He shouldn't have been able to play in the All-Star game due to life crippling injuries or even loss of life. I told him the "Big Man upstairs must have big plans for him and soon" to get his attention and let him escape with only scrapes from crawling out of the window while upside down. His girlfriend and another friend also escaped unharmed. How awesome to have a miracle performed on/for you at such an early age! I have a feeling Nathan is going to do some special things for UNT. He is a great story right under your nose and just up the road!! As for Celina, you guys need to give them more coverage. I feel confident in saying that there is no place in the State of Texas that supports their youth more than Celina (no matter the activity). Every kid in the community is supported by the entire community. It is truly unique.

Posted by: Steve Tune | August 20, 2006 11:26 AM