Welcome Back Coach George!

Harry

http://www.dallasblog.com/david-mcnabbs-high-school-spor/

Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 12:52PM by user-registered.pngdave mcnabb | comment.pngPost a Comment | email.pngEmail | print.pngPrint <H2 class=title>Haltom's George leaves for UNT/Sooners get another WR/McKinney meets Thursday </H2>Haltom coach Clayton George has left to become Todd Dodge's first staff member at North Texas. George was a receiver at North Texas from 1990-93 while Dodge was a UNT assistant and worked with Dodge from 1996 through 2004 at Carrollton Newman Smith and Southlake Carroll. He became Hillcrest coach in 2005 and was Haltom's coach in '06. George has started contacting recruits for North Texas.

Dodge is unable to recruit while the Southlake Carroll Dragons prepare for the Class 5A Division I state final against Austin Westlake at 7 p.m. Saturday in San Antonio's Alamodome.

Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 12:52PM by user-registered.pngdave mcnabb | comment.pngPost a Comment | email.pngEmail | print.pngPrint <H2 class="title">Haltom's George leaves for UNT/Sooners get another WR/McKinney meets Thursday </H2>Haltom coach Clayton George has left to become Todd Dodge's first staff member at North Texas. George was a receiver at North Texas from 1990-93 while Dodge was a UNT assistant and worked with Dodge from 1996 through 2004 at Carrollton Newman Smith and Southlake Carroll. He became Hillcrest coach in 2005 and was Haltom's coach in '06. George has started contacting recruits for North Texas.

Dodge is unable to recruit while the Southlake Carroll Dragons prepare for the Class 5A Division I state final against Austin Westlake at 7 p.m. Saturday in San Antonio's Alamodome.

phew. finally

-gm

Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 12:52PM by user-registered.pngdave mcnabb | comment.pngPost a Comment | email.pngEmail | print.pngPrint <H2 class=title>Haltom's George leaves for UNT/Sooners get another WR/McKinney meets Thursday </H2>Haltom coach Clayton George has left to become Todd Dodge's first staff member at North Texas. George was a receiver at North Texas from 1990-93 while Dodge was a UNT assistant and worked with Dodge from 1996 through 2004 at Carrollton Newman Smith and Southlake Carroll. He became Hillcrest coach in 2005 and was Haltom's coach in '06. George has started contacting recruits for North Texas.

Good to have a former alum back and coaching. I was curious if anyone could confirm this...Was Clayton George one of Dodge's assistants when Dodge coached at Fossil Ridge High School? I was a student at the middle school when Dodge was coach at FR and remember the high school staff coming over to coach us for a few practices and want to say Coach George was one of the guys that was under his staff at FR. Thanks gents.

Seems like a good hire for TD and NT. What about some of the other SLC coaches? There was talk of several of those coaches to come over to the NT staff. Anyone have the scoop on any of those coaches and if they would be good.

Anyone concerned about the staff being comprised of so many HS coaches. A proven HC is one thing, but off. coord., def. coord., etc.???? Just curious what everyone else thought...

Edited by NCMeanGreen

So who is Coach George gonna coach? :blink: Defense, offense, line, receivers, Diet Coke Boy, tight ends, Caris? :wub:

Probably Receivers, that's what he was when he was a player. Maybe RB's

For what's it worth I looked up in Dave Campbell's Magazine last year the Player's to Watch for Haltom High in 2006.

QB: Kyle McDonald ( 6-3 , 210 , 4.7 )

WR : Brent Kennard (6-2 , 175 , 4.6 )

WR : Jevon Edwards ( 6-3, 175 , 4.6 )

DB : Chris Jones ( 6-2 , 205 , 4.5 )

This Years Stats:

Kyle McDonald 189-342-11 2430 16

Brent Kennard 71 703 5

*Javon Edwards 48 688 4

*Believe it was his 1st year to play FB

I don't know if anyone is DI material , but I thought if they were maybe they or one of would be Coach George's 1st recruits. Haltom played in district 5-5A , which could be argued as the toughest district in the State.

The last line of this article is very interesting, "George has started contacting recruits for North Texas". Since Coach George has just left Haltom, how could he already have a list of recruits to contact now ? Looks like Coach Dodge has put together a list of targeted recruits, and has directed his first assisant coach to start contacting the recruits. I read this as a recruiting plan is

in place, with "targeted" recruits to go after. As each new assistant coach comes on board, they

will be also directed to recruit key players.

I wonder how many kids are on the list now? I bet the Mean Green Nation would be extremely

happy with the number, and the quality of players, that will be contacted.

I wonder if Coach Dodge will announce his commitments as the players come on board ?

I sure hope so!

Charlie

man, this is ex-ci-ting!