Snead Completes Visit....

FirefightnRick

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/colleges/16266189.htm

Snead completes visits, says TCU still in runningBy JEFF WILSON

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

GETTY IMAGES/TOM PIDGEON

Northern Illinois coach Joe Novak says TCU is the second-best team his Huskies will have played this season next to Ohio State.SAN DIEGO -- Former University of Texas quarterback Jevan Snead returned to Texas on Sunday after a three-day tour of Houston and Mississippi, and he said TCU remains in contention as he decides where he wants to transfer.

Snead was in Houston on Thursday and went to Oxford, Miss., on Friday and Saturday. The Rebels' coaching staff, led by Ed Orgeron, left a favorable impression on Snead.

"I just wanted to get a feel for the coaches, take a look at the offense, and get a feel for the quarterbacks they have," said Snead, who was released from his Texas scholarship Dec. 1. "I liked what I saw. They have very high-energy coaches, and they know what they're talking about."

Snead said he does not have a favorite among the three schools he is considering. He said he will not visit North Texas, which hired Carroll High School coach Todd Dodge last week.

Snead said he could decide on his next school this week, but only after he consults with his parents.

"I'm going to get back and put all the pros and cons on a board and decide what's best for my future," Snead said.

I suppose he figured he couldn't beat out any of our QB's.

Rick

Or is he just figuring to avoid a position battle with the coach's son in two years? If that's the case, that's smart on his part.

I hasten to add that I have no knowledge or reason to believe that Riley Dodge will come to UNT. But if I were Snead, that's something I would think about. Probably better to find someplace where the head coach's son will not be competing for your job.

We probably got out of the starting blocks a bit too late for Snead's services, although I would have liked our chances had he visited our burgeoning campus and found a very large diverse student body and UNT being the largest residential campus this side of UT-Austin.

My guess is that Snead picks UH, with Ole Miss and TCU being left at the altar.