New Coach = New Uniforms?

mdmeangreen

Good Job.

That's what I was talking about. Our eagle head should touch at the back of the helmet like the Seahawk's helmet does.

Now, the green your using needs a little more green and a little less puke.

tongue.gif

If the powers that be refuse to put an eagle of any shape or form on the helmet, what kind of fonts would work? 2 letter "N T" or a 3 letter "UNT" or maybe even a "Northern Tex" in script on a black helmet? blink.gif (Just seeing if you are still reading)! laugh.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the powers that be refuse to put an eagle of any shape or form on the helmet, what kind of fonts would work?  2 letter "N T" or a 3 letter "UNT" or maybe even a "Northern Tex" in script on a black helmet? blink.gif  (Just seeing if you are still reading)!  laugh.gif

Two letter "N T" for sure. No "UNT" that wouldn't look that great. The interlocked NT looks awesome. If someone could put that on a helmet I'd love to see what it looks like.

If the powers that be refuse to put an eagle of any shape or form on the helmet, what kind of fonts would work?  2 letter "N T" or a 3 letter "UNT" or maybe even a "Northern Tex" in script on a black helmet? blink.gif  (Just seeing if you are still reading)!  laugh.gif

Always reading Plumm. biggrin.gif

If Dr.B & RV decide not to go with a logo, I say they should stick with the current "North Texas" we're using. No reason to change it, IMO.

If a professional did this it could look better........but here ya go:

user posted image

Ever since a good yankee friend of mine insulted me (or all of us) when I showed him the 2 letter "N T" with the letters on top of each other when he asked me: "What does the "T N" stand for? mad.gif (And he was serious).

keith, was it you that had the futuristic "N T" logo at one time? Or was that you, Deep Green?

Ever since a good yankee friend of mine insulted me (or all of us) when I showed him the 2 letter "N T" with the letters on top of each other when he asked me:  "What does the "T N" stand for? mad.gif  (And he was serious).

keith, was it you that had the futuristic "N T" logo at one time?  Or was that you, Deep Green?

No offense to your friend but you would have to be an idiot to read that particular logo TN.

If it was the NT Exes logo or any other interlocked style that isn't read left to right than I understand. Reading left to right in a stair stepped fashion, however, changes that.

Baylor, USC, and OU all have logos similar to that and aren't worried about being known as UB, CS, and UO. We read left to right and that logo isn only made for those that do so. rolleyes.gif

No offense to your friend but you would have to be an idiot to read that particular logo TN. 

If it was the NT Exes logo or any other interlocked style that isn't read left to right than I understand.  Reading left to right in a stair stepped fashion, however, changes that. 

Baylor, USC, and OU all have logos similar to that and aren't worried about being known as UB, CS, and UO.  We read left to right and that logo isn only made for those that do so.  rolleyes.gif

Actually, Zeke, it was another "N T" that I haven't seen posted on GMG.com for awhile. As you know, we've had a few threads on this subject the last few years. rolleyes.gif

I vote we keep what we currently have.  Why reinvent the wheel?

What we currently have stinks. I liked the "North Texas" script we had for a few years better than the current crappy script/ We need to make a change, and do it now. I really like the new eagle on the helmet best, I think. Even a white helmet would look ok with the new green eagle.

"No unis" would bring a dramatically new meaning to "Dodge Ball."

And how much would you have to pay a quarterback to have him put his hands under the center?

Would we really want to use the term, "SPREAD" offense???? laugh.gifohmy.gifunsure.gif

I say the lighter shade so it shows up better on TV, and either the son of worm logo, or heaven forbid, an "NT".

utilize black as a trim/accent color ONLY!!!!

What we currently have stinks.  I liked the "North Texas" script we had for a few years better than the current crappy script/  We need to make a change, and do it now.  I really like the new eagle on the helmet best, I think.  Even a white helmet would look ok with the new green eagle.

No way...the new script looks great. It was actually designed by a prof. in the Comm Design program at UNT so its one of a kind. But I think we should change it to the eagle is well.

Good grief...this thread reminds me of why we have no traditions. We can't even agree on what our official school colors are. Our current uniforms aren't exactly my favorite but I am sick of changing every few years. How can we expect the casual fan to recognize us when we have an identity crisis?

The last thing Coach Dodge needs to worry about is designing new uniforms.

Marketing firms have done studies and a kelly green helmet does not perform well.

Oh really? Are kelly green helmets more prone to concussions? Do they make athletes slower?

Guest Aquila_Viridis

We should not have a white eagle on the helmet, or really much of anywhere. We are not like UT. They can freely interchange an orange longhorn on a white background or a white longhorn on an orange background. They are not the Mean Orange, and we are not the Mean White. NT needs to develop a version of the green eagle that has a heavy white outline, so it is distinguishable on a green background. Then we could have a green eagle on a green helmet. Further, we should stay true to our colors: green and white, no black, as tempting as it is, because I for one love green on black. You either love it or hate it. But again, we are green and white; that is the tradition. Do not lose focus.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Oh I had to say one more thing. Kill the disembodied eagle head. It is unnatural and it is a cluttering distraction. Besides, it looks like the body has been removed from the real logo and the head sewn straight onto the butt. That is more than unnatural; it is the work of a sick and fiendish mind.

Edited by Aquila_Viridis

Good grief...this thread reminds me of why we have no traditions.  We can't even agree on what our official school colors are.  Our current uniforms aren't exactly my favorite but I am sick of changing every few years. How can we expect the casual fan to recognize us when we have an identity crisis?

The last thing Coach Dodge needs to worry about is designing new uniforms.

Oh really?  Are kelly green helmets more prone to concussions?  Do they make athletes slower?

I bet there have even been complainers at Neb. about that goofy "Red N" that looks like a letter on a mailbox.

UNT needs to stop changing the logo, uniform and colors every couple of years. It tells the world we're unsure of ourselves. The only thing we needed to change was the coaching staff. Any time that Dodge or the rest of the athletic department spends on uniform-related issues is time that should be devoted to recruiting.

UNT needs to stop changing the logo, uniform and colors every couple of years. It tells the world we're unsure of ourselves. The only thing we needed to change was the coaching staff. Any time that Dodge or the rest of the athletic department spends on uniform-related issues is time that should be devoted to recruiting.

I feel until we finally get it right with our unis' and helmet at UNT that there will always be half on board with it/half not on board with our present unis'. Of course, one man's junk is another man's treasure? huh.gif

When I see photos of the Fry-era apple green unis' and GGII' flying worm (as many of you have called it) it brings back many pleasant memories of a MG football era long gone by. Of course, I was a an NT student during most of the apple green unis' era so some of that could also just be a nostalgic rush, too. rolleyes.gif

But I also remember the players who wore those apple green unis' with the flying worm logo on their helmets almost beating Earl Campbell and the DKR-coached Texas Longhorns, too, so that is just one of the many good memories those unis' conjure up for many of us on this forum.

I am not sure what I will think 20 years from now when I see our present unis' in a photo in some UNT publication, but to be honest, I don't think it will be anything that brings back "high profile" type memories of MG football because we didn't have any high profile (Top 25?) successes while wearing this present uniform and helmet. In fact, the last 2 years of what these uni' and helmet represented were all time MG football history downers for many on this board. sad.gif

Beggin' many pardons, but for most of my adult life UNT leadership has with most of their hiring decisions made MG athletics a most unsure of itself situation and because of all that, we've lost many, many alums who've refused to follow multi-years of "unsure" directions of this athletic program. Media guides of the last 25 plus years may prove that particular group of NT Exes to be (unfortunatley) close to being accurate with their assessments. IMHO, I believe all this has changed for good now and FWIW, I have to believe that.

UNT Prez Dr. "B" I feel realizes that alums (across the board) give when they feel good about their university (and don't give when they don't feel good about their university).

I also feel she believes a high profile and successful NCAA D1-A football program (a la Boise State & others similar) will cause NT Exes to feel very good about their alma mater and could work wonders with across the board UNT fund-raising.

Matter of fact, I feek Dr "B" has enough prior experience at her past intercollegiate stops and has probably done all the neccessary research to know all thi$. smile.gif

I think having the new kelly green directive from above (Chancellor Jackson) will insure that there will be some kind of changes with our unis' this Fall; hopefully, there will be a tweaking of our helmet's font as well and then lets leave what a broad cross-section of what actual UNT graduates approve of alone for about the next quarter of a century (or more). cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen