If You're An Smu Fan, Now, How Do You Love

Green Grenade II

Never poking fun of SMU, not ever,ever (ok, maybe always and forever)...Bad on me (LOL)...but really, Phonies...on Phonyfhans.com...let me hear from your phonie phonies. I know when The Great Orsini gave new meaning for "Losing to North Texas gets Bennett another year".......wait till our Dodge Machine rolls into Pford PStadium new fall. Bennett will be Befuddled!!!!

Isn't a little early to be hittin the sauce? Haha... and on a Sunday, too. Geez man.

I'm glad SMU stuck with Bennett. I think firing him this year would've been a disastrous move for the program. The program bottomed out under him, but every year since they've improved the # of wins. Also, the number of blowouts decreased each year. There's a RS Freshman QB that you can build a team around, and I think next year will be the make-or-break year for Bennett.

Bennett won 6 games this year, and if not for the dumbass administration pulling Willis out of the UTEP game, they would've gone bowling.

When UNT and SMU played last year, UNT won. You have bragging rights. You also kicked Baylor's ass up and down the field at home, and then got stomped in their stadium the next year. I hope for similar results.

I think Dodge will be a huge boost for UNT and think he's a great hire; however, it takes more than 1 year to re-invent an offense. There are some exceptions, see Rice, but generally fixing an offense isn't something done over night. I've also grown up an Ole Miss fan, and I know how excited people can get when a new coach comes in.. and when that first season isn't what everyone "expected," I've seen people jump off the bandwagon. I'm not saying Dodge won't do what Rice did, but if it doesn't happen immediately.. fans have to be patient.

I hope it's a good game, and hope the 'Stangs come out on top this time around.

Rice is an excellent example that a program CAN turn around in one year..... We are not talking about DD here, we are talking about TD. Also... if you have followed SLC at all they are not ALL offense. Their offence is just able to capitalize on all of the mistakes that their DEFENSE forces their opponents into. We already have a decent defence and TD will also make that even better.

Hold on 'Stangs --- A North Texas Dodge Hemi is going to try to run you down next year!!