Boise State Beats Ou, Big Time....you Heard

Green Grenade II

We made a big-time hire with Coach Todd Dodge. That said, I want to make this statement. When the Mean Green take the field in Norman next fall, OU will be coming off an embarrasing loss to Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. The Sooners think they are going to run all over Boise. Stranger yet, is there will be two Petersons on both sidelines (Adrian for OU and Crhis as Head Footall Coach for Boise State).

Now, back to the great New Football Coach at North Texas, Todd Dodge. The donors also will be coming out the woodwork now to make our new football stadium a reality!!!!

GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT NORTH TEXAS!

We made a big-time hire with Coach Todd Dodge. That said, I want to make this statement. When the Mean Green take the field in Norman next fall, OU will be coming off an embarrasing loss to Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. The Sooners think they are going to run all over Boise. Stranger yet, is there will be two Petersons on both sidelines (Adrian for OU and Crhis as Head Footall Coach for Boise State).

Now, back to the great New Football Coach at North Texas, Todd Dodge. The donors also will be coming out the woodwork now to make our new football stadium a reality!!!!

It would be Lovely to see a 30 point WIN over the Sooners and a lackluster win for the Gators over the Buckeyes. How many 1st place votes could the Broncos get ???

*** If Hawaii and Oregon State both WIN their bowl games , that would give the Broncos a Undeafted season with 3 WINS over teams who are ranked in the Top #25 at the end of the season. How could you not feel for the Broncos ???***

Can I have some of what you guys in Denton are smoking?

I mean, you are delusional! You people of texas state armadillos outside of having a foosball stadium next to the highway are about as close as you'll get to a victory in Norman. Blue state U won't know what hit 'em Jan 1 and you guys won't know what happened in Norman next year...

Hey look - the retards took this seriously. Time to close the border cage....

I really don't hate OU - except when they stream down I-35 like a thick trickle of urine every October and fail to yield the fast lanes despite going 45-50 all the way between Dallas and Denton.

I have just started going back ways to avoid 35 so I don't bang my head through my windshield in frustration.

I mean, you are delusional!  You people of texas state armadillos outside of having a foosball stadium next to the highway are about as close as you'll get to a victory in Norman.  Blue state U won't know what hit 'em Jan 1 and you guys won't know what happened in Norman next year...

Welcome to the board.

BTW, what is a Sooner fan doing scanning the North Texas board in late December? Shouldn't you be preparing for the bowl game and securing off season employment for your players?

well yeah, we dont mind sharing biggrin.gif

I think BS-U could make a pretty decent game out of it. Its one of the few BCS bowls I have interest in watching and wouldnt mind seeing the Blue Turf Bandits take one for non bcs schools. That would put non bcs schools at 2-0 in BCS bowls.

I don't think next year's game in Norman will be close at all, but I have been wrong before...

"I think we've got a good chance of keeping this game close"

Oh yeah, we've got a good shot at knocking off Tulsa
Edited by Eagle1855

Wow... I think that Boise put all Mid Majors in a poor position. I do not believe that they played a tough enough schedule to be in a BCS game. If they get beat by a moderate to large margin it will be a long time before a mid major makes it to a BCS bowl again. And they have not played a tough enough schedule to prove to me that they can beat OU. In fact, I dont think that they are the best mid out there. The only thing that they have are wins against weak teams. I would much rather lose to OU and win out and not make a BCS bowl then to play a weaker team and go undefeated. But that is just me.

Please RV keep our OOC schedule strong.

Wow...  I think that Boise put all Mid Majors in a poor position.  I do not believe that they played a tough enough schedule to be in a BCS game.  If they get beat by a moderate to large margin it will be a long time before a mid major makes it to a BCS bowl again.  And they have not played a tough enough schedule to prove to me that they can beat OU.  In fact, I dont think that they are the best mid out there.  The only thing that they have are wins against weak teams.  I would much rather lose to OU and win out and not make a BCS bowl then to play a weaker team and go undefeated.  But that is just me. 

Who do you think is the best mid-major out there? As far as getting it done, BSU took care of all the games it was supposed to win, and also throttled an OSU team. Sure, they barely got by SJSU, but at least they figured them out. BTW, that San Jose team is in a bowl.

OU can't claim taking care of business to the same extent. They played a harder schedule across the board, yes, but who's to say BSU couldn't be standing at this point in the season with the same record if they took on the same slate? We'll never know.

That's why they're playing this week. And didn't BSU get in by default because of a new rule? Even if they lose badly, if a mid-major team does the same thing they (BSU) pulled this season under the same circumstances, they'll be in.

-gm

We wont know what they would do with OU's schedule because they (Boise) prefer to schedule teams that they can beat. If they were a confident program they would schedule teams that have a chance of being a top 25 team. They didnt play any team of signifance this year and will get the crap beat out of them because of it. No I am not an OU fan at all. I just have no respect for a Mid Major team that schedules so softly.

Lets face it... generally only two to three teams in each mid major conference add to your strength of schedule. the rest of the conference teams hurt your strength. Major conferences do not have as big of a problem with this so they are looking to schedule us. And please OSU and SJSU??? OSU is a good game for them as long as they are not the best team on their schedule. Just like Baylor is a good team for us to play as long as we keep Texas or OU or Arkansas....

I give Boise credit for being undefeated that does deserve a bowl game but not a BCS. After this game everyone will say "see there is the undefeated team from a mid major getting their chance and they lost.... BADLY" Yes I will cheer for Boise and any other mid major team playing a BCS team

RV ... Keep our schedule strong.

We wont know what they would do with OU's schedule because they (Boise) prefer to schedule teams that they can beat.  If they were a confident program they would schedule teams that have a chance of being a top 25 team.  They didnt play any team of signifance this year and will get the crap beat out of them because of it.  No I am not an OU fan at all.  I just have no respect for a Mid Major team that schedules so softly.

Lets face it... generally only two to three teams in each mid major conference add to your strength of schedule.  the rest of the conference teams hurt your strength.  Major conferences do not have as big of a problem with this so they are looking to schedule us.  And please OSU and SJSU???  OSU is a good game for them as long as they are not the best team on their schedule.  Just like Baylor is a good team for us to play as long as we keep Texas or OU or Arkansas.... 

I give Boise credit for being undefeated that does deserve a bowl game but not a BCS.  After this game everyone will say "see there is the undefeated team from a mid major getting their chance and they lost.... BADLY"  Yes I will cheer for Boise and any other mid major team playing a BCS team

RV ...  Keep our schedule strong.

A few facts for you to think about:

1. San Jose State is a conference mat of Boise State.

2. BSU played Sacramento State, Oregon State, Utah and Wyoming in OOC games.

3. BSU beat Oregon State handily, which beat USC later in the year. Impressive win.

4. OU played UAB, Washington, Oregon and the MUTS in OOC. Not much difference in my opinion.

So please tell me, outside of Sacramento State, how BSU scheduled so softly? At least in OOC games. They have no control over their conference schedule.

A few facts for you to think about:

1.  San Jose State is a conference mat of Boise State.

2.  BSU played Sacramento State, Oregon State, Utah and Wyoming in OOC games.

3.  BSU beat Oregon State handily, which beat USC later in the year.  Impressive win.

4.  OU played UAB, Washington, Oregon and the MUTS in OOC.  Not much difference in my opinion.

So please tell me, outside of Sacramento State, how BSU scheduled so softly?  At least in OOC games.  They have no control over their conference schedule.

Well, for one many big conference schools arent going to want ot play Boise because there going to want a home and home and those big schools arent going ot do them and 2 a big 6 doesnt wanna lose to a mid major another reason why Boise might not play the $$$ games....these arent necessarily facts just factors to consider

Wow...  I think that Boise put all Mid Majors in a poor position.  I do not believe that they played a tough enough schedule to be in a BCS game.  If they get beat by a moderate to large margin it will be a long time before a mid major makes it to a BCS bowl again.  And they have not played a tough enough schedule to prove to me that they can beat OU.  In fact, I dont think that they are the best mid out there.  The only thing that they have are wins against weak teams.  I would much rather lose to OU and win out and not make a BCS bowl then to play a weaker team and go undefeated.  But that is just me. 

Agree completely; I expect Boise to put on another 'deer in the headlights' game as they did against Georgia last year. They played a very weak schedule and they barely beat some not so good WAC teams this year. I think the Sooners will beat the crap out of Boise.

It's really got to boil the blood of some OU fans that they have to play Boise St. in a B©S Bowl. I guess the selection committee didn't want another mid-major coming in and waxing another "big" program giving all the little guys some hope, so they chose OU to take care of some business. It's kinda like being your sister's date to the senior prom 'cause she's a social outcast.

If Boise doesn't play this one down to the wire, be prepared for the "See, schools like Boise have no place in a big game like that" comments.

Edited by UNTFan23

The problem with Boise State is , most BCS schools WILL NOT schedule them. They have spoke about this publically a few times how the BIG BOYS always seem to avoid them. They have never gave out names , but have said that some schools will NOT schedule them.

I guess the selection committee didn't want another mid-major coming in and waxing another "big" program giving all the little guys some hope, so they chose OU to take care of some business. 

Actually its more like the Big 12 champ goes to the Fiesta Bowl as that is their BCS tie-in. So whoever won the Big 12 would have played Boise State, which happened to be OU (largely thanks to A&M).

Edited by Eagle1855

It's really got to boil the blood of some OU fans that they have to play Boise St. in a B©S Bowl.  I guess the selection committee didn't want another mid-major coming in and waxing another "big" program giving all the little guys some hope, so they chose OU to take care of some business.  It's kinda like being your sister's date to the senior prom 'cause she's a social outcast.

If Boise doesn't play this one down to the wire, be prepared for the "See, schools like Boise have no place in a big game like that" comments.

Oregon beat Oklahoma. Oregon State beat Oregon. Boise State racked up over 407 yards in destroying Oregon State 42-14. Oregon State's defense is only giving up 26 more yards per game than Oklahoma and 6 more points per game than Oklahoma. Also, Boise's defense is only giving up 3/10ths more points per game than Oklahoma's defense. Anything can happen as this looks to be a pretty good matchup.

Rick