UAB coach search going from bad to worse....

NT80

UABGrad1

In case anyone is interested in UAB's situation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only was Jimbo nixed by the BOT, but they are forcing Neil Callaway on us tomorrow.

Neil Callaway is the relative of a very rich exBOT member that has pull with Paul Bryant Junior, who practically single handily controls the BOT

He got a DUI in 2003 in Georgia and supposedly 2 other DUI's in 2 other states

He was on Auburn's staff when they got cought cheating under Pat Dye

He was on Alabama's staff when they got caught cheating under Mike Dubose

Not a single UAB fan is for this hire.

Insiders say not a single UAB administrator is for this hire.

I envy you guys.

Could be worse.

Alabama is having problems getting a coach...and Alabama is (supposed to be) a really good job.

Alabama's problem is that they are still living in the past and the Booster's / Alumni still feel that anything less than a National Championship is a failure. It's a No win situation for their new coach , even though Im sure whoever it is will get plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by NT03

UABGrad1

In case anyone is interested in UAB's situation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only was Jimbo nixed by the BOT, but they are forcing Neil Callaway on us tomorrow.

Neil Callaway is the relative of a very rich exBOT member that has pull with Paul Bryant Junior, who practically single handily controls the BOT

He got a DUI in 2003 in Georgia and supposedly 2 other DUI's in 2 other states

He was on Auburn's staff when they got cought cheating under Pat Dye

He was on Alabama's staff when they got caught cheating under Mike Dubose

Not a single UAB fan is for this hire.

Insiders say not a single UAB administrator is for this hire.

I envy you guys.

Well , Looks like there will be some very upset people at UAB :

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9876539

Edited by NT03

Alabama's problem is that they are still living in the past and the Booster's / Alumni still feel that anything less than a National Championship is a failure. It's a No win situation for their new coach , even though Im sure whoever it is will get plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If bama would just go out and pay Houston Nutt what Arkansas is paying him, they could have a new coach, and those of us Hog fans would have a very merry Christmas.

Sometimes I think I dream too much about Nutt being gone, but I dream just as much as I did about DD and he is gone, so....

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

If bama would just go out and pay Houston Nutt what Arkansas is paying him, they could have a new coach, and those of us Hog fans would have a very merry Christmas.

Sometimes I think I dream too much about Nutt being gone, but I dream just as much as I did about DD and he is gone, so....

cool.gif I would never want to lose a Nutt for Christmas cool.gif

GMG1999, is Frank Broyle's still the AD up there (and has his voice gone up another octave)?!?!? laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

So Much for NUTT leaving Arkansas I see he just got an extension. Maybe they read the board and got scared of losing him to Bama. :lol:

They'll figure it out sooner or later. It didn't take Nebraska fans very long to.