It has STARTED!

THE CLAW

Was having lunch with a fellow NT Ex at Weatherford's La Playa and as I am at the counter to pay for lunch was the manager of the Mexican eatery (a Latin guy who spoke broken English) and he sees my UNT baseball cap and initiates the conversation asking: "Oh, so you are a Mean Green fan?" I answer yes and then he continues: "I believe that Dodge guy is going to be real good for your school's football team."

Once in the parking lot, our fellow UNT alum said to me: "Can you believe that?" ohmy.gif

Again, quoting SUMG "a Rick Neuheisel-type hire by UNT would not have gotten half the publicity as Dodge has produced state-wide for our university. And now Coach Dodge's SLC Dragons will be on state-wide TV next Saturday as they vie for a UIL 5A state championship. smile.gif Anyone heard who they are playing yet?

T-shirts, Polos, et al at Sams in Lewisville (35 @ Main).

There is one UNT foam football left at Albertson's in Lewisville on Main. Don't anyone get it. Wife is getting it Sunday for my stocking.

Edited by gksmith

I was out and about today for only about 2 hours doing a little Christmas shopping in Denton and I saw more people wearing UNT  t-shirts in that 2 hour span than I have seen in quite some time.

I see Mean Green stuff everyday. Maybe because I'm a student and am always somewhere in Denton, but now that it's the holidays and us students are back (Fort Worth for me) I'm hoping I see Mean Green stuff. I get excited whenever I do and usually strike up a conversation with them.

GO GREEN*GO WHITE

SO STUPID THAT THEY WILL NOT BE PLAYING THE UNDEFEATED CEDAR HILL LONGHORNS THAT ARE ONLY A 30 MILE DRIVE AWAY FROM SLC. THIS DIV I / DIV II IS AS MUCH  CRAPOLA AS THE BCS!!!!!!!

I thought 3 years ago it was pretty dumb, then they went and added a FOURTH team from each district. I have said this since they went to three teams from each district, and I will continue to say it, if your team finishes with an under .500 record, you should not be rewarded with a playoff spot.

SO STUPID THAT THEY WILL NOT BE PLAYING THE UNDEFEATED CEDAR HILL LONGHORNS THAT ARE ONLY A 30 MILE DRIVE AWAY FROM SLC. THIS DIV I / DIV II IS AS MUCH  CRAPOLA AS THE BCS!!!!!!!

Agreed... even though SLC would whip Cedar Hill into submission by halftime IMHO... watching the Cedar Hill/Garland game tonight, they're not even in SLC's ballpark. Good luck, Westlake.

Agreed... even though SLC would whip Cedar Hill into submission by halftime IMHO... watching the Cedar Hill/Garland game tonight, they're not even in SLC's ballpark. Good luck, Westlake.

Agree & I think Westlake could beat Cedar Hill by 3 TDs.

Say If you were on Cedar Hill's team and WON , could you really tell yourself we are the BEST team in the state ?? If they want 2 winners in 5A name them co-champs. Not, We are the " TEXAS CLASS 5A DIVISION II CHAMPIONS"

Went to a Christmas party last night with a bunch of fellow Delta Sig alumni. Most of them have, in the past, been the kind of guys that Tail Gate but only make it inside the stadium 0-1 times a year. They were all talking NT football last night, and how awesome it'll be to see how Dodge does recruting. They were also saying they could hardly wait for the 2007 season to start.

NT should really promote the heck out of the Spring game and move it to a Saturday. With all this excitement about Dodge we could probably get 5k folks there easily. Maybe charge $5 to get in?