Bowl tickets - Troy doing well, MUTS sucking

stebo

First of all - Troy is charging their students full price for the tickets yet they are selling a LOT more. The MUTS are paying for the tickets for their students ($45 bucks a POP) and they can't seem to give them away - having only distributed 1500 so far. Just goes to show you - there are three key ingredients to a succesful business - location, location, location. I bet that if the MUTS were headed to New Orleans, the numbers would be reversed.

First of all - Troy is charging their students full price for the tickets yet they are selling a LOT more.  The MUTS are paying for the tickets for their students ($45 bucks a POP) and they can't seem to give them away - having only distributed 1500 so far.  Just goes to show you - there are three key ingredients to a succesful business - location, location, location.  I bet that if the MUTS were headed to New Orleans, the numbers would be reversed.

Remember the episode of "Coach" when they were invited to the-then-fictional Patriot Bowl? 3 feet of snow and nobody in the stands.

Glad to see Troy using some sense. Students have been molly coddled way too long. I bet they don't have a vote on activity fee either. We can step up and charge as at other places or further tap our donor base to fund some student who will spend twice as much in beer $$$ in a semester than a fee increase would be. Not only does no other university vote on fees, they don't even give you a breakdown on what the fees are. If a student doesn't like it, let 'em transfer. They won't find the bargin in education that they are getting anyplace else.

Remember the episode of "Coach" when they were invited to the-then-fictional Patriot Bowl?  3 feet of snow and nobody in the stands.

Detroit may not be a great tourist city but the game is INDOORS in 70 degrees. It's only a 10 hour drive for Muts fans, about the same distance as Denton to New Orleans... smile.gif

Detroit may not be a great tourist city but the game is INDOORS in 70 degrees.  It's only a 10 hour drive for Muts fans, about the same distance as Denton to New Orleans... smile.gif

From MUTS website: "It will mark the first bowl game of the I-A era for Middle Tennessee and the first overall since going to the Grantland Rice Bowl back in 1964."

That, in essence, is the same circumstances as our first trip to New Orleans, when we brought a good crowd. First bowl game for my school - you couldn't keep me away from that. But they can't get anyone to go? I know New Orleans is a more desirable destination than Detroit, but that's pitiful. I really feel sorry to the Middle Tennesse players. They deserve better than that.

And that kind of attendance will really hurt this conference. A bowl is going to think twice before asking a second Sun Belt team to dance if their fans don't travel.