Jimbo Fisher - front runner for UAB HC job

stebo

I see that Jimbo Fisher is a finalist for the HC job at UAB now... looking back, I think that we really had a shot at him. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't take Jimbo Fisher over Todd Dodge; not in a million years... but there was some doubt in my mind gthat he would actually take a job at NT if offered... now that I see him as the front runner for the UAB job, I think that he would have seriously considered us. Just goes to show you that an outsider sees North Texas with unlimited potential. This guy would have taken a pay cut in order to be our Head Coach because of the opportunity that it would have been for him. We beat ourselves up a lot more then we really should, NT is just what we have always known it to be - a Sleeping Giant. That Giant started to wake up with the win over Cinci in the bowl but was simply stirring in his sleep and went right back to bed. Now, with the hiring of Dodge - and the new BCS agreement - we have the "hope" of finally realizing our dream and making it into the big boys club. I look for us to have a new stadium by 2009 and our success will either bring the Sun Belt up to par with other conferences and we will be content with membership - or we will be able to move into CUSA with ease. The future is BRIGHT GREEN!

Edited by stebo

The landscape has changed. That is why we have a shot at a TD or maybe even a Fisher. College athletics is a proving ground and that is why we have a shot at Snead. You don't need to go to FSU to get recognized.

Colt Brennan transferred from CU to the middle of the Pacific and had himself one heck of a year. So much so that he may not be back next year because he may find himself a first rounder this April.

You need a stage to perform on and North Texas is a D1A stage with a hell of an upside - location, coverage, opportunity, espn gameplan/fox sports sw! You just have to get out there work hard and perform! If you are good you will shine through regardless of whether you are lining up against Idaho or Arkansas.

The only 2 things you probably can't do at North Texas anymore is win a national championship and win the heisman. That leaves many many available goals to choose from.

GMG