EPSN 103.3

RETSO

What I don't get is when the Ticket trashes NT, Ticket fans say that is just part of the schtick and you can't take it seriously, but when a personality from another station does what amounts to a Ticket ripoff mindlessly ripping NT, it is just more proof that the Ticket is better.

That was a really long sentence.

I listened to ESPN Radio every day in college. The best was when they had Kornheiser (he was the funniest radio host ever...way funnier than he is on TV, it was laugh out loud stuff), Dan Patrick (but with Dibble instead of Olberman...it kinda sucks now), and then the Big Show with Coop and Newy. Kornheiser quit doing his show, Dibble got fired from the DP show, and they replaced Coop and Newy with Galloway. It hasn't been nearly as good since. I don't mind Galloway, but his thing is just like the Ticket, a lot of shock value, but once you get it, it's funny.

Since I moved to Abilene, I have been listening to the ESPN station out here, but they only have one hour of local programming a day and I am always still in practice when it is on, so I hear all national feed. Their national stuff is very good (other than Mike & Mike), and they have frequent updates and hit the big stories pretty often.

Edited by Coach

What I don't get is when the Ticket trashes NT, Ticket fans say that is just part of the schtick and you can't take it seriously, but when a personality from another station does what amounts to a Ticket ripoff mindlessly ripping NT, it is just more proof that the Ticket is better.

That was a really long sentence.

I listened to ESPN Radio every day in college.  The best was when they had Kornheiser (he was the funniest radio host ever...way funnier than he is on TV, it was laugh out loud stuff), Dan Patrick (but with Dibble instead of Olberman...it kinda sucks now), and then the Big Show with Coop and Newy.  Kornheiser quit doing his show, Dibble got fired from the DP show, and they replaced Coop and Newy with Galloway.  It hasn't been nearly as good since.  I don't mind Galloway, but his thing is just like the Ticket, a lot of shock value, but once you get it, it's funny.

Since I moved to Abilene, I have been listening to the ESPN station out here, but they only have one hour of local programming a day and I am always still in practice when it is on, so I hear all national feed.  Their national stuff is very good (other than Mike & Mike), and they have frequent updates and hit the big stories pretty often.

Because we at least have Dunham at the Ticket to defend us.

I listened to ESPN Radio every day in college.  The best was when they had Kornheiser (he was the funniest radio host ever...way funnier than he is on TV, it was laugh out loud stuff), Dan Patrick (but with Dibble instead of Olberman...it kinda sucks now), and then the Big Show with Coop and Newy.  Kornheiser quit doing his show, Dibble got fired from the DP show, and they replaced Coop and Newy with Galloway.  It hasn't been nearly as good since.

Totally agree except I will say Galloway and his wannabees have ruined ESPN radio, which is why you have a sidekick like Jen Engel with her own show. Plus she has one of the worst voices on radio! The Ticket would be better if it got serious and talked about sports more and stop having fake interviews...

I love Cooperstein, he talks sports 99% of the time and is one of the most knowledgeable sports guys I can think of. He would never make it on the Ticket.

I agree with you 100%. Coop is the only legit sports guy on 103.3. A walking sports almanac with very "solid" opinions that he can back up.

I prefer ESPN radio over the Ticket just because it's a real sports station. The Ticket is too silly for my tastes, even though Galloway & the Cowboy homer Jennifer Engel have taken 103.3 to near Ticket status. All they lack are fart jokes & Sopranos talk bull crap. rolleyes.gif