Don't underestimate the power of pub...

the real grad88

I was just thinking last night about all of the publicity and hoopla the hiring of TD is creating. The thing that excites me is that it isn't going to go away...it will subside some during the winter, but will pick back up full steam again early summer.

And...think about all the coverage we are going to get during the season. Usually, the Dallas TV stations do a quick little mention of the North Texas game after they have covered the Big XII and TCU extensively. I don't think it will be the case this season. They will have microphones in his face all year. The Sports news will be: How is Dodge doing up in Denton?

And...if he succeeds his first season in taking us to a bowl, look out for some major pub! Think about the upward spiraling cycle this could create! Better recruits, more fans and donors. It will only be a matter of time before a BIG DONOR comes along to write the check to make the stadium happen....that is if TD will just stay long enough to see it through. If he does, he could make the jump from UNT to any top program in the country--the one down in Austin included.