New Offense

untwillrise

The only thing I know about Coach Dodge's offense is that it is spread out.

So my questions are what will happen to Woody Wilson he is not very accurate but with the field spread he could be able to run through defenes?

Super Jamario vs. Evan which one will fit the new offense better?

Besides Brandon Jackson, who is good, and Casey Fitzgerald, my friend and favorite, what other WRs do we have.

Does dodge use a fullback? Tightends?

Do we have the personel to match his offense or does he have to change it up a bit?

Edited by untwillrise

I'm sure we will be able to get some clues to his offense from his SLC games but I have a feeling he will adjust his O to the personnel on the team. I have a feeling we will have a 4 QB battle for the starting spot in the spring with Phillips or Woody winning out. I am sure he will use the spread most of the time but look for him to use an I formation every once in a while as well though I wouldn't ever expect to see a 2 TE set of out TD. If anyone remembers how he ran the O in '92-'93 please feel free to chime in.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

I saw SLC play Plano last year in the playoffs.

The thing that frustrated me most, as a Plano fan, was not the spread offense, but the no-huddle they ran. They lined up in their offensive sets, then 2-3 times change for a single play, pausing in between to look at their position coaches on the sidelines for the adjustment calls after the defense gets reset. Then they pass or run depending on what the defense shows and gives them.

Very difficult to defend the no-huddle when a defense can't substitute players because sometimes they would quick count and snap it. That's what was unbeatable to me.

The only thing I know about Coach Dodge's offense is that it is spread out.

So my questions are what will happen to Woody Wilson he is not very accurate but with the field spread he could be able to run through defenes?

Super Jamario vs. Evan which one will fit the new offense better?

Besides Brandon Jackson, who is good, and Casey Fitzgerald, my friend and favorite, what other WRs do we have.

Does dodge use a fullback? Tightends?

Do we have the personel to match his offense or does he have to change it up a bit?

From what I've heard he doesn't use a FB or TE...but he would take a player from that position and use him as a WR or H Back....and some of our TE's are pretty fast, Collins and Seidle.