My Fears

Stan R

I don't know how many of you were around during the Matt Simon days, but we did throw the ball quite a bit. I will never forget watching 6 and 7 yard short passes that were flat dropped. I remember LOTS of interceptions due to poor passing and bad decisions by QBs. I DO NOT want a repeat of that in 07. Any reason for me to think that won't happen next year given how drastic this change will be? Should Dodge "keep it simple" in 07 to let his offensive schemes get understood by our guys?

I don't know how many of you were around during the Matt Simon days, but we did throw the ball quite a bit.  I will never forget watching 6 and 7 yard short passes that were flat dropped.  I remember LOTS of interceptions due to poor passing and bad decisions by QBs.  I DO NOT want a repeat of that in 07.  Any reason for me to think that won't happen next year given how drastic this change will be?  Should Dodge "keep it simple" in 07 to let his offensive schemes get understood by our guys?

Tune is a very bright QB. If he has the tools to make it, he will be a real contender for the job next year.

I don't know how many of you were around during the Matt Simon days, but we did throw the ball quite a bit.  I will never forget watching 6 and 7 yard short passes that were flat dropped.  I remember LOTS of interceptions due to poor passing and bad decisions by QBs.  I DO NOT want a repeat of that in 07.  Any reason for me to think that won't happen next year given how drastic this change will be?  Should Dodge "keep it simple" in 07 to let his offensive schemes get understood by our guys?

I remember up in Stillwater during 1994 an entire stadium full of Oklahoma State fans sitting on their hands, scared to death as they watched a 1-AA Mean Green team lead most of the way. As luck would have it their size finally wore NT down and OSU escaped with a last second field goal for the win. That's what I remember from Matt Simon.

Rick