FW*Telegram ran 3/4 page on TD hire

OldTimer

While its not posted yet on the internet, excellant article . Thoughts from it.

Dodge met with about 30 NT players after being introduced.

Salary $262,000 annually....vs the other boards $500,000 annually.

Comparisons with Southlake

# coaches SL 11, NT 9

Lasting impressions of stadium

SL Dragon Stadium 11,000, NT Fouts 30,500..

Stadium impressions:

Sl modern amenities and concessions, luxurious press box

NT Prison like bathrooms, no elevator, broken heater ....

Player trend du jour

SL bleached hair,

NT black uniforms

Haltom City HC Clayton George, a NT receiver from 1990-93 and former Carroll Offensive coordinator is expected to join NT's staff as an offensive assistant.

Positive comments from Bill Parcells, Mack Brown and Gary Pinkel (MO HC).

While its not posted yet on the internet, excellant article .  Thoughts from it.

Dodge met with about 30 NT players after being introduced.

Salary $262,000 annually....vs the other boards $500,000 annually.

Comparisons with Southlake

# coaches SL 11, NT 9

Lasting impressions of stadium

SL Dragon Stadium 11,000, NT Fouts 30,500..

Stadium impressions:

Sl modern amenities and concessions, luxurious press box

NT Prison like bathrooms, no elevator, broken heater ....

Player trend du jour

SL bleached hair,

NT black uniforms

Haltom City  HC Clayton George, a NT receiver from 1990-93 and former Carroll Offensive coordinator is expected to join NT's staff as an offensive assistant.

Positive comments from Bill Parcells, Mack Brown and Gary Pinkel (MO HC).

Pretty sure the salary you're referring to is the past year for Dodge at Carroll and Dickey at UNT, not TD's new contract.

Pretty sure the salary you're referring to is the past year for Dodge at Carroll and Dickey at UNT, not TD's new contract.

No, I think I recall reading on this very board that Dodge's salary at SLC was in the area of $115k. I would do a search for the post, but someone broke the search feature.

Edited by UNTflyer

No, I think I recall reading on this very board that Dodge's salary at SLC was in the area of $115k.  I would do a search for the post, but someone broke the search feature.

wow, if we make it to the texas high school playoffs next year I think we will win state, but we probably won't win conference or make a bowl game

Guest GrayEagleOne

$262,000 sounds about right for a base salary. But, he'll also get a car and allowance, annuity, and incentives that would likely take him to $4-500,000. Incentives can be for a multitude of things....number of wins over 6, conference championships, bowl appearance, wins against a top 25 team, season ticket sales, and so on and so on. Dickey got something like $10,000 for us remaining 1-A.

That's not too bad for a first time Division 1-A head coach. If he does as well as we hope, he'll receive a nice raise and contract extension soon.

Here's the link:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/16228781.htm

The front of the article was at the bottom of today's FRONT page.  If you click on the link above there's a nice photo of Mack Brown, I suspect because he's qouted in the article.  Nice references!

Rick

I opened the link and saw the Mack Brown photo and thought, Dodge sure does lool a lot like Mack Brown, WTH?! ... tongue.gif

$262,000 sounds about right for a base salary.  But, he'll also get a car and allowance, annuity, and incentives that would likely take him to $4-500,000.  Incentives can be for a multitude of things....number of wins over 6, conference championships, bowl appearance, wins against a top 25 team, season ticket sales, and so on and so on.  Dickey got something like $10,000 for us remaining 1-A.

That's not too bad for a first time Division 1-A head coach.  If he does as well as we hope, he'll receive a nice raise and contract extension soon.

" Head coach's 2006 salary $262,000 "

I believe this is Dickey's salary for this year (2006).