PlummMeanreen and GreenGrenade: Are you guys happy

marc_moffitt

I just gotta know..are the 2 most vocal folks happy about Todd Dodge??

How long are you willing to give the guy to win the Conference again?

When you have a 59 year follower of Mean Green football say he was going to cease his following of all this had things continued as is would tend to make anyone from our era be a bit vocal. There were those who expressed similar feelings who never posted their intentions publicly, too. Personally, I'm glad the one who did post his intentions did just that (and that posting was about 6 weeks ago now BTW).

Yet, I don't now, m_m, how long are you willing to give him to win conference again? What do you think of the hiring of Todd Dodge? Personally, I think we now have a chance to be another Rutgers or a Boise State because of this hiring by Rick Villlarreal; and many of us felt the need to be vocal about the fact that we didn't feel that we would get such an opportunity under Darrell Dickey.

Past SBC football titles under DD had not one time gotten us a Top 25 ranking last I checked. I think Rick V took a big step (today) with solving that problem with the hiring of Todd Dodge.

RV probably needs to do more tweaking of his entire staff and surround himself with loyalists with NCAA D1-A talent that can help his (and our's) cause. One reason many of us don't think we should just keep on re-cycling athletic personel up there time and time again. Hell, they can either do a NCAA D1-A job or they can't. Turnstile numbers at Fouts and fundraising results over an extended amount of time would be a strong hint for our AD who can or cannot do the job.

All those who are still living who want what we have not had at UNT for so long that some of the young gum alums think some of us older nestors are hallucinating when we talk about what we did have at one time (and at a higher profile). Even just an hour or so ago, KTCK 1310 The Ticket's Hardline gave a thumbs-up for the Fry era at UNT (or least "the Hammer" did who was around these parts following college football while Mike Rhiner was spinning records at the "The Zoo)." rolleyes.gif

NO NEW REVELATION HERE BUT..............DD won conference titles without not one of those teams having received high rankings such as MAC and WAC football champions have done. UNT and the SBC were judged in a not so kind (or respected sort of way) by the national media for those non-rankings, too. sad.gif

Also (as we all know and with even increased numbers who will admit to it now); that is, DD did not win the kind of OOC games that made other schools covet his services as a HFC or want to even grant him an interview. For all concerned (including DD) I believe we were all sorry that Darrell Dickey was not an astounding success in Denton because it became a "lose/lose" proposition for both DD and us, ie, the UNT constituency.

So, m_m, to put all this in shorter terms:

HELL YES! I AM HAPPY ABOUT THE HIRING OF TODD DODGE ! ! ! smile.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Well Plumm are you going to start coming to the games next year.....

Shucks, how did you know I hadn't? rolleyes.gif

This is not about me, but this is about the 4'th largest university in Texas hiring the kind of personel who will allow us to function (athletically) as the 4'th largest university in Texas should. RV probably needs to make other personel changes to ancillery staff -types to enhance our situation even more while we have this new surge of unity, but that's just my .02 on that subject.

I do look forward to seeing many old friends next Fall (and even those who were pissed at me that I made my feelings known about what I felt DD was doing to this football program).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen