UNT sends out message to staff about hire.

GabeGMG

Got this in my groupwise box today at work.

UNT to name new football coach tonight

President Gretchen M. Bataille and Rick Villarreal, athletics director, will hold a press conference at 7 p.m. tonight (Dec. 12) in the Mean Green Athletic Center, first floor Team Meeting Room, to name the university’s new head football coach.

The new coach will hold a Question-and-Answer session as part of the press conference and will be available for a limited time to meet with campus fans who attend after participating in media interviews following the press conference.

How do you intend on selling NT to the DFW area? Recruits?

Simply by hiring Todd Dodge we are selling ourselves (that sounds dirty) to the DFW recruiting base. I forecast a solid recruiting class this year! and more importantly, TD will get the most out of the players we have on our team now.

We will not have a losing season next year. Expectations are high.

I am assumning yes because the announcement is giving location and directions to the mean green athlectic center.

TD will have a short Q & A with press and fans.

Just got off the phone with the Media guys, and, while the conference is open to the public (there will be a standing area in the back for fans), the Q&A will be for media members only. It is not a meet and greet.

I wish I could make it up there in time.  Any chance someone from the Board could go and ask questions?  What would we want asked?

How do you intend on selling NT to the DFW area? Recruits?

What the public can't ask questions at a press conference!!!!!???

this is BS!

Harry is planning to drive up for the event...I'm sure we will hear from him afterward.

I'll be there too. It is not likely we'll be able to get any questions in with the big boys at the trough, but we'll have (hopefully) the next few years to get any and all questions answered!