Roderick Flemings

Zeke

Fleming looked very good while I was watching. He seems to be a complete player. He looked good inside and outside and on offense and defense. He appears to be about 6-7.

He often played the 4 position in practice. I can't say if JJ is thinking of using him there or not. Right now the most important thing in practice is to use him in a way that will help this season's players get better.

Fleming will be a Soph next season.

The other transfer is Collin Dennis who will be a Junior next season. Local high school fans will remember him as the point guard who led Richland High to the 4-A Region tournament in 2004.

Dennis also played point guard for South Florida of the Big East. He was used only at the two position when I was watching practices in October.

Harry, I believe Mangrum has played in every game this year.

He has played quite a bit, though for very short periods of time, typically when we are winning big. He looks very promising, though he is still a bit spastic like most freshman are. He is very, very fast on the court, and has a very nice looking shot. He should turn out to be a great recruit.

• 2 weeks later...

Next year's starting 5

PG - Ben Bell

SG - Collin Dennis (awesome shooter and can drive)

SF - Roderick Flemings

PF - Q (as a senior, he'll be tough!)

C - Keith Wooden (much improvement forecasted)

Bench

PG - Insert Recruit Here, Sturns

SG - Sturns and Mangrum

SF - Insert Recruit Here

PF - Harold Stewart, Harold Edwards

C - Howerton, J. Jackson

We are not losing that much even though KD and C Dub are great players. Dennis and Flemings can flat out play. Great job getting those two here Coach Jones!