Arkansas vs. North Texas Sept-22-07

NT80

Eight In-State Contests and Games Against Seven Bowl Opponents Highlight 2007 Arkansas Football Slate

Courtesy: Arkansas

Release: 12/11/2006

The Razorbacks play seven games next year against teams earning bowl bids this season.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Eight games in the state of Arkansas, including six in Fayetteville and two in Little Rock, and seven games against bowl teams highlight Arkansas’ 2007 football schedule, which was released on Monday.

The 2006 Southeastern Conference Western Division champion Razorbacks have home conference games against Kentucky, Auburn and South Carolina in Fayetteville while facing Mississippi State in Little Rock.

Arkansas opens the season on Sept. 1 with a Fayetteville game against Troy. Following an open date, UA begins SEC play with a trip to Alabama, then returns to Fayetteville for games against North Texas (Sept. 22) and Kentucky (Sept. 29). A non-conference game against Chattanooga in Little Rock follows on Oct. 6 before Auburn visits Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Oct. 13.

The Razorbacks travel to Ole Miss on Oct. 20 and play their final non-conference game on Oct. 27 against Florida International in Fayetteville. UA ends the year with four straight SEC tilts in Fayetteville against South Carolina (Nov. 3), at Tennessee (Nov. 10), MSU in Little Rock (Nov. 17) and at LSU (Nov. 24).

The No. 12 Razorbacks are 10-3 this year and preparing to meet No. 6 Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando at noon on Jan. 1.

Seven of next year’s opponents are playing in bowl games this year.

Troy (7-5) is in the New Orleans Bowl, Alabama (6-6) is in the Independence Bowl, Kentucky (7-5) the Music City Bowl, Auburn (10-2) the Cotton Bowl, South Carolina (7-5) the Liberty Bowl, Tennessee (9-3) the Outback Bowl and LSU (10-2) the Sugar Bowl.

2007 ARKANSAS RAZORBACK FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

DATE OPPONENT SITE

Sept. 1 Troy Fayetteville, Ark.

Sept. 8 Open

Sept. 15 at Alabama* Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Sept. 22 North Texas Fayetteville, Ark.

Sept. 29 Kentucky* Fayetteville, Ark.

Oct. 6 Chattanooga Little Rock, Ark.

Oct. 13 Auburn* Fayetteville, Ark.

Oct. 20 at Ole Miss* Oxford, Miss.

Oct. 27 Florida International Fayetteville, Ark.

Nov. 3 South Carolina* Fayetteville, Ark.

Nov. 10 at Tennessee* Knoxville, Tenn.

Nov. 17 Mississippi St.* Little Rock, Ark.

Nov. 24 at LSU* Baton Rouge, La.

* - Southeastern Conference games

All Times TBA

so assuming Rice is still on our schedule, we play at least 3 out of 4 non conference games away.

@ OU

@SMU

MAC game at home

@ Arkansas

eeek! could be a rough start. (and that could be an understatement) The date with McFadden and the Razorbacks will probably prove to be the ugliest on the schedule.

I don't really conisder the smu game an away game. NT could easily have as many or more fans in the stands at Ford.

I can't wait for the UA game. (My two favorite college teams.)

Hmmmmmmmmm.. This site says Akron is to come here on the 22nd

http://collegefootball.stxwebworks.com/akron.htm

I don't think Rice is a sure thing. With WKU joining DI , we will play them for the next 2 yrs until they reach SBC football status. They could replace Rice if they were in the mix.

Sorry, the Rice game is 2008 and 2010. My bad...

per UNT website

North Texas has also reached an agreement with Rice University to play a home-and-home series in 2008 and 2010

I understand the financial realities of UNT's situation, but I don't like seeing UNT play OU and Arkansas in the same season, especially so close together. We're just not ready for that kind of schedule. One of them a year, okay. But we don't have the depth or the athleticism to play two of them in a month. At least, not yet.

I understand the financial realities of UNT's situation, but I don't like seeing UNT play OU and Arkansas in the same season, especially so close together. We're just not ready for that kind of schedule. One of them a year, okay. But we don't have the depth or the athleticism to play two of them in a month. At least, not yet.

OU will be a drastically different team next year. One all-world running back and one Qb should set them team back.

Edited by good_ken

Are you kidding? Didn't you hear? Todd Dodge is coming. While maybe not a football God yet he has been annointed by some as the second coming of Christ. As a matter of fact, rumor has it he walked on water at Southlake. Speaking of, does Southlake even have a lake?

That is certainly a worry. I don’t mind the two loses, but I don’t want the players so beat up we can’t be competitive in other games.

I don’t think we’ll do any worse next year than we did this year, even with two money games. And there will be hope for the future instead of more of the same!

We have to find a QB and start training him. There is a reason Freshmen Qbs make headlines - it is rare that they work out. Not impossible, but rare! I don’t see any of the three from this year being able to run Dodge’s offense.

That is certainly a worry. I don’t mind the two loses, but I don’t want the players so beat up we can’t be competitive in other games.

I don’t think we’ll do any worse next year than we did this year, even with two money games. And there will be hope for the future instead of more of the same!

We have to find a QB and start training him. There is a reason Freshmen Qbs make headlines - it is rare that they work out. Not impossible, but rare! I don’t see any of the three from this year being able to run Dodge’s offense.

Don't forget, we've got Tune sitting there just waiting for his chance. Supposedly he's a really quick study.

Are you kidding?  Didn't you hear?  Todd Dodge is coming.  While maybe not a football God yet he has been annointed by some as the second coming of Christ.  As a matter of fact, rumor has it he walked on water at Southlake.  Speaking of, does Southlake even have a lake?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm not looking forward to the Arkansas game at all, and I have very little interest in traveling to their stadium. They have some of the worst fans in college football (if you are wearing the opposing team's colors). I have friends that went to the Texas game there, and they had never been treated worse. No thanks!

OU should be a good time. I think we keep the game closer than years past. I'll definitely make the trip up to that one!

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I'm not looking forward to the Arkansas game at all, and I have very little interest in traveling to their stadium. They have some of the worst fans in college football (if you are wearing the opposing team's colors). I have friends that went to the Texas game there, and they had never been treated worse. No thanks!

OU should be a good time. I think we keep the game closer than years past. I'll definitely make the trip up to that one!

You know it's just the opposite for me I can't think of better fans in college football the exception being NT.

Texas fans typically get what they deserve.

I would say Aggies are the worst as far as what I personally experienced.(Texas Stadium circa 96?) We walked in nearing half-time, on the wrong side, and were spat on, yelled at, and had lit cigarrettes tossed our way. They also attempted to steal one guy in the groups battle flag.