Legit gripe or hot air?

CaribbeanGreen

On the other board, where I spent some time while GMG.com was down, GoMeanGreen1999 has made claims that Matthews at JMU, Don Carthel, Eric Price, Mark Stoops, and "the guy at Midwestern State" are among "many not getting return phone calls" in regards to the HC position.

Is there anything at all based in fact here, or is this just more sour grapes/hot air?

Then again, I just saw that he later wondered if the AD had taken this board down for a couple of days before an announcement, so I guess that answers my question.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't think that he knows anymore than I do, which is to say nothing. He seldom has a good word to say about anything at North Texas so I'd guess it's just sour grapes/hot air.

I took it upon myself to send Don Carthel (at his WTA&M address) an e-mail on Tuesday Nov. 28th, asking him if he had been contacted about the UNT job. I figured that he would either give me a neutral answer, or a "no comment". Here is his answer on Dec. 4th.

Bill,

I would love to talk to your athletic director if they are interested in me.

Thanks,

Don Carthel

So, either someone is answering his e-mails that doesn't know what they're talking about, or he hasn't been contacted about the job.

Of course his e-mail didn't indicate if he had initiated contact either. But if he had, he hadn't received a response as of Dec. 4th.

On the other board, where I spent some time while GMG.com was down, GoMeanGreen1999 has made claims that Matthews at JMU, Don Carthel, Eric Price, Mark Stoops, and "the guy at Midwestern State" are among "many not getting return phone calls" in regards to the HC position.

Is there anything at all based in fact here, or is this just more sour grapes/hot air?

Then again, I just saw that he later wondered if the AD had taken this board down for a couple of days before an announcement, so I guess that answers my question.

Email me, I will call you and tell you, but i am not posting it on either of the boards.

It's just internet BS. Few really know what is actually happening. A 'source' or 'sources' wouldn't take to kindly to their info being passed along on a message board. You would become 'sourceless' very quickly cool.gif

user posted image

If it were not for a source leaking it, and then RV realizing NO one wanted him, Butler MIGHT have been our new coach. Take it for what its worth.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I took it upon myself to send Don Carthel (at his WTA&M address) an e-mail on Tuesday Nov. 28th, asking him if he had been contacted about the UNT job. I figured that he would either give me a neutral answer, or a "no comment". Here is his answer on Dec. 4th.

Bill,

I would love to talk to your athletic director if they are interested in me.

Thanks,

Don Carthel

So, either someone is answering his e-mails that doesn't know what they're talking about, or he hasn't been contacted about the job.

Of course his e-mail didn't indicate if he had initiated contact either. But if he had, he hadn't received a response as of Dec. 4th.

That response from him really leaves out a lot; like did he apply?, did he receive a response after his application was received?, did they call for more info?, and it does NOT even say he wasn't contacted. None of that can be determined from his answer....it's all conjecture. dry.gif

That response from him really leaves out a lot; like did he apply?, did he receive a response after his application was received?, did they call for more info?, and it does NOT even say he wasn't contacted.  None of that can be determined from his answer....it's all conjecture.    dry.gif

That is true. Could be mute point now though. I guess we will have to see what the BOR decides tomorrow.

If it were not for a source leaking it, and then RV realizing NO one wanted him, Butler MIGHT have been our new coach.  Take it for what its worth.

Very true. If you are happy about Dodge, you should be thanking all the "rumor-mongerers" who put the spotlight on things early....

Yeah all in all, TG should be given full credit for this coaching hire and be held accountable.

Seriously, where is G2BG with a "how you like me now, bitches!" post. That's what I'd do if I was him