I don't know about you guys

Harry

Just have this feeling like a kid before Christmas...

Seems like we may finally have the wind at our back again. Very exciting time. I have a gut feel that we are headed for some good times and this coaching hire is just the start.

I'm getting calls from big supporters that had sort of fallen by the wayside in the last couple of years. It's refreshing to hear their excitement about things as well.

I'm getting calls from big supporters that had sort of fallen by the wayside in the last couple of years.  It's refreshing to hear their excitement about things as well.

That is exciting!!!!

Is this the first time there has ever been a buzz about our coaching hire?

Could just be the age if information, but it seems like we have moved up a rung in the ladder in the world of coaching hires. I remember being pissed that Nelson was gone and dont remember any of the suitors names except there was rumor about Mean Joe, instead we got the great experimwnt. I had never heard of Simon either. Dickey I had at least heard of.

To really understand how low we were when DD took over, read this

Simon Says

Seems like we may finally have the wind at our back again.  Very exciting time.  I have a gut feel that we are headed for some good times and this coaching hire is just the start.

I'm getting calls from big supporters that had sort of fallen by the wayside in the last couple of years.  It's refreshing to hear their excitement about things as well.

I just hope that this is more than just a HC hire, but is instead a total committment for the university. Things like seeing that assistants are compensated on a level with their peers at other comparable sized schools, committing funds for summer school for players who either have to go or want to go to graduate early, promotion of the programs by campus faculty and student organizations, and finally a real committment by Denton to be a true college town that realizes what the universities continue to contribute to the town. A new HC is more than great, but it's time we addressed the smaller but daily problems of coaching at NT.

Seems like we may finally have the wind at our back again.  Very exciting time.  I have a gut feel that we are headed for some good times and this coaching hire is just the start.

There seems to be a lot of interest in UNT out there, and that feels good. Yeah, I get good vibes, too.

Could just be the age if information, but it seems like we have moved up a rung in the ladder in the world of coaching hires. I remember being pissed that Nelson was gone and dont remember any of the suitors names except there was rumor about Mean Joe, instead we got the great experimwnt. I had never heard of Simon either. Dickey I had at least heard of.

Simon Says

I think the fact we have a new stadium on the horizon too makes it seem all the more exciting, all the more probable we will get that next-level guy.

Simon Says

During Matt Simon's first year as head coach at the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT football team was one of the smallest and slowest in the Southland Conference. When the McNeese State team took the field for a pregame warm-up, Simon's players were completely intimidated by the size of their Louisiana opponents. In the locker room before the game, however, Simon gave his team a rousing speech, and they literally stormed onto the field.

Some time later, an astonished alumnus asked Simon what he had said to motivate his players. "I simply told them," he explained, "that the last eleven guys out this locker room door and onto the field had to start the game!"

This a good story, but this was the team that won the Southland football Conference and was QB'd by NT Hall of Famer Mitch Maher. Not sure Simon ever said this. What about it Mitch, did he do this?

men's basketball winning again

Hate to say it, but this team probably won't win much once they start playing better competition. This non-conference schedule is a joke. The one team we have played that was decent, beat us pretty bad. Sorry, but when you lose at home, to UTA, you are not a very good team.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999