ALERT! Athlon Sideline Spirit Contest

Smitty

Made it! 25,000 at 11:51.

I'm stunned. I don't know if they've quit or what, but the Vols have posted a very few votes in the last fifteen minutes. It's time to finish them, to spend the weekend building an insurmountable lead and win this thing for Caris and the Mean Green Nation. Keep pushing, folks.

I understand your frustration, Vols. I really do. And, no, we don't win as much as you do. We don't have the national titles or the big-time bowl games or the national reputation.

But we're winning this fair and square, and you're going to have to fight like hell to beat us.

Let's not only win it for the Mean Green Nation, but for the SUN BELT NATION as well because we have had a lot of help from our SBC bretheren. And yeah, we haven't won as much on the grid iron as they have, but we haven't spent the money to do so either. Regardless of that fact of monetary discrepancies between the two, I must remind that we did win the last one.

Run Sears Run!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Rick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not only win it for the Mean Green Nation, but for the SUN BELT NATION as well because we have had a lot of help from our SBC bretheren.  And yeah, we haven't won as much on the grid iron as they have, but we haven't spent the money to do so either.  Regardless of that fact of monetary discrepancies between the two, I must remind that we did win the last one. 

Run Sears Run!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Rick

You know? All UTK would have to do to win this pretty much is to have every single fan that has a place inside that 107,000-seat Neyland Stadium to vote once.

Unfortunately, about 100,000 of them don't even know what a computer is, nor have they ever attended a class at UTK to even care. As for the other 7,000--too busy enjoying band or the jock party down the street.

The girl from Illinois mounted an impressive rally the last couple of days.  She might not finish in last afterall.

Good for her. I wonder if that terrible snow storm has affected her totals? The storm apparently knocked out power in large parts of Missouri and Illinois.

Speaking of power, why is it that smoke alarms batteries only run out in the middle of the night or early in the morning? Then they start that loud chirping - like this morning. Oh well, might as well vote.

The Saturday it's-too-early morning standings:

Caris Tschauner (Sun Belt) 164,858

Shawn Manners (SEC) 139,008

Guest GrayEagleOne

The lead is a little more than 34,000 at 4PM on 12-9. Last year's winner had more than 300,000 votes and we don't have 200,000 yet. With five more days of voting we need to get a lead of around 50,000 to discourage UT from making a run.