SL Carroll vs. Euless Trinity: Worth about 400K

GreenBat

from dallasblog.com

Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity: Worth about $400,000

The Southlake Carroll-Euless Trinity showdown grossed around $400,000 according to Texas Stadium general manager Bruce Hardy. The game drew a near-record 46,339 paid attendance. But by Texas Stadium policy, all the money from the triple header held at Texas Stadium on Nov. 24 will be split evenly among the six schools _ and of course, the UIL's 15 percent playoff cut will be worth about $60,000. The UIL annually gets more than $1 million from state football playoffs.

Each of the six schools school will receive approximately $60,000 from the day.

Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2006 at 02:19PM by dave mcnabb |

A collegue told me Todd Dodge is married to the daughter of DeLoss Dodds (UT Ath Dir.).  That is just rumor.  I don't know how fact find that.  But if that's true, I wonder how that could play to our benefit...

How many HS coaches do we know that, if they needed any bit of advice can pick up the phone and call Mack Brown or Bill Parcells?

Now back to trying to figure out Victoria's Secret on CBS.

Rick

from dallasblog.com

Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity: Worth about $400,000

The Southlake Carroll-Euless Trinity showdown grossed around $400,000 according to Texas Stadium general manager Bruce Hardy. The game drew a near-record 46,339 paid attendance. But by Texas Stadium policy, all the money from the triple header held at Texas Stadium on Nov. 24 will be split evenly among the six schools _ and of course, the UIL's 15 percent playoff cut will be worth about $60,000. The UIL annually gets more than $1 million from state football playoffs.

Each of the six schools school will receive approximately $60,000 from the day.

Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2006 at 02:19PM by dave mcnabb |

How much of this really applies to what he might bring to UNT? I think the success that they're having is a result of the program he's built, not necessarily people that are fans of Todd Dodge.

If we were to hire him, I don't think all of that popularity would immediately translate to UNT a la 400K in fans for a game; not right away, anways. I think the bigger idea here is that Dodge, if he were to have the same kind of success at our level, <i>might</i> attract that kind of attention. Though, the same would apply to anyone that comes in here and has success. It would be an uphill battle, but obviously we have a lot of upside and potential.

There is a lot of appeal regarding Dodge and his successes, which I understand. But because he hasn't proven he can do it as a head coach at the college level, I'm giving all the candidates the same look.

-gm