Mid Major Top 25

class84

i disagree, losing is losing, however you need to try and get better you gotta try and work to get back in the game not go down the floor and jack up shots...in the last couple of minutes i can see it but with a lot of time left you gotta work on your offense and get better at it not just jack up 3's thats a HORRIBLE strategy if your turning the ball over every time put different players in not just jack up a bad shot...you have to work to get better even if you are getting your butt handed to you........and if "loosing is loosing" why do you continue to put a "*" by the record apparently you dont really think losing is losing you just want to twist it to where it fits your opinion

I put the * because for some reason it makes people mad plus we did not loose that game. we sould have we could have but by my eyes we did not. if i wanted to twist it i would say 7-1 or 6-1.

putting in different players and running the offense did not work. i dont know if you listened to the game or not but the second alf was the could not make a run. when you desperate and need points you want to increase the tempo. you cant incease the tempo by running an offense. you have to force stuff.

When you get backed into a corner you dont just give up and try to take the situation as a learning experience. You do what ever you can to get out. kick, punch windmill anything.

When you down by 20 you scrap and fight to do anything to win. I think DD got fired because of his strategy " Ok guys we are down by 21 points and it is 4th and 15, we have done anyhting all game but i think we should stick with it. Run shot gun draw up the middle."

If your entire argument is that going down the court and jacking up a 3 is bad tell me when did i say that they should do that 100% of the time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please print this out and hang by your computer

loose [loos]

–adjective

1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.

2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.

3. uncombined, as a chemical element.

4. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.

5. not put up in a package or other container: loose mushrooms.

6. available for disposal; unused; unappropriated: loose funds.

7. lacking in reticence or power of restraint: a loose tongue.

8. lax, as the bowels.

9. lacking moral restraint or integrity; notorious for his loose character.

10. sexually promiscuous or immoral; unchaste.

lose [looz]

–verb (used with object)

1. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery: I'm sure I've merely misplaced my hat, not lost it.

2. to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered: I just lost a dime under this sofa.

3. to suffer the deprivation of: to lose one's job; to lose one's life.

4. to be bereaved of by death: to lose a sister.

5. to fail to keep, preserve, or maintain: to lose one's balance; to lose one's figure.

6. (of a clock or watch) to run slower by: The watch loses three minutes a day.

7. to give up; forfeit the possession of: to lose a fortune at the gaming table.

8. to get rid of: to lose one's fear of the dark; to lose weight.

9. to bring to destruction or ruin (usually used passively): Ship and crew were lost.

10. to condemn to hell; damn.

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

Screw it...I won't wait for their response...though I am very interested in ebone's...hahah

So by your logic...since we are turning the ball over EVERYTIME down the court....and we need to jack up a 3 every trip down the court.  Then from a coaching standpoint Johnny Jones needs the people most likely to make the three on the court.  So based on the team we have we need

Ben Bell

Rich Young

Calvin Watson

Sturns

and Hell...A KD with a eff'd up hand has a better shot at making that 3 than most on the team...

So from a coaching standpoint and a recruiting standpoint, after this season we are going to waive the scholarships for Keith Wooden and anything remotely resembling a post player.  Quincy...GONE

Howerton - BYE  Harold Stewart - USELESS.  We need to find the guy in the park in dallas that hits 25 straight threes but can't dribble.  Have him stand in his  "sweet spot" jack up as many threes as possible....

"LET IT RAIN!"

user posted image

"ICE MAN"

Dude you're logic and knowledge of basketball compared to the 'experience' you say you have is funny to me...every post gets more and more far fetched...

Ok what you said is a good idea.

look at almost every white guy in basketball. They cant play D, they cant handle the rock, and there small. All they do is stand at the line and shoot threes.

Again I say I love this board.

Ya'll like to argue but don't know how to fully read a post.

Hein the NAZI gramur polece.

If you were in any of my english classes i could care less. If i dont have spell check then o well.

Can we please save this for the Football forum please. I was enjoying talking to mwynn05 until yall have to come and be so funny.

OK you got me I thank you so much.

still waiting to hear the highest level of basketball you have played....

If you are questioning my basketball skill come to the rec and play me. But i dont know what that would solve. I was saying that i have been around basketall so long that it would be dumb to think that i would actually think that jacking up threes will be a good offense.

But hey were i come from you just question my ability, and you don't do that unless you plan on challenging me. So unless you are lets play for lets say a Bill.

i dont post on the football side...I stick to this board and I have read your idiotic posts for the last few weeks and i finally stopped laughing long enough to realize that maybe I might chime in on some of this....

LOOSE and LOSE....

thats basic english - you want people to actually listen to any of your ideas and post on here and not see you as just another crazy ass then use try to clean it up I promise it will work better for you in the long run.

THERE THEIR THEY'RE

watch out for that one too it's pretty rough!

If you are questioning my basketball skill come to the rec and play me. But i dont know what that would solve. I was saying that i have been around basketall so long that it would be dumb to think that i would actually think that jacking up threes will be a good offense.

But hey were i come from you just question my ability, and you don't do that unless you plan on challenging me. So unless you are lets play for lets say a Bill.

HAHAHAHAHAAH WOW! THIS GUY...SPEECHLESS....INTERESTING...and I am guaranting if you are involed in intramurals or more than just a freshman...we have played each other...

I put the * because for some reason it makes people mad plus we did not loose that game. we sould have we could have but by my eyes we did not. if i wanted to twist it i would say 7-1 or 6-1.

putting in different players and running the offense did not work. i dont know if you listened to the game or not but the second alf was the could not make a run. when you desperate and need points you want to increase the tempo. you cant incease the tempo by running an offense. you have to force stuff.

When you get backed into a corner you dont just give up and try to take the situation as a learning experience. You do what ever you can to get out. kick, punch windmill anything.

When you down by 20 you scrap and fight to do anything to win. I think DD got fired because of his strategy " Ok guys we are down by 21 points and it is 4th and 15, we have done anyhting all game but i think we should stick with it. Run shot gun draw up the middle."

If your entire argument is that going down the court and jacking up a 3 is bad tell me when did i say that they should do that 100% of the time.

When did i say anything about giving up i said run your offense get shots work and get better thats not giving up you gotta work hard get good shot...not jack up 3's working hard and getting good shots will get you back into a game 10 times as often as jacking up a 3 everytime down the floor...good defense high percentage shots.....work hard get good shots and go down low...drive and do one of 2 things....score or get fouled

Edited by mwynn05

I wish they would have done something to attempt a comeback. Press, jack up threes, hold on to the ball, soemthing. If we play like that against WKU JJ will make them walk home because we will loose by mor then 40. I found another UNT weakness, themselves!

That was my original post. As you can see i said do anything rather then turn the ball over. When listening to the game every other trip down the floor they turned the ball over on plays not going to the basket.

If you must know I have play 6 years of AAU basketball. I played three years of middle school. I played freshman basketball. I played three years of varsity on a 5A program. I could have played junior college ball or DII ball, but i wanted to go to a big school and i wasn't big enough to play my position and not fast enough to play 1 or 2 for a big d1 school. I have played 3 years of Intramurals basketball in the A league last year i played for BKS. i am currently on my way to being a coach. So what basketball experience do you have?

I dont care about grammer. You someone doesn't take me serious on a messege board i don't care.

I never said I played...I am an avid follower...many many friends in the DI and I have played intramurals all five years....

Just curious...not questioning...which team was BKS...I worked for intramurals for the last three years...trying to narrow it down

If I could have my choice I would coach basketball somewhere also...

As far as at least trying to comeback I respect that and agree...but you definitely came across as saying....eff it jack the three...

When did i say anything about giving up i said run your offense get shots work and get better thats not giving up you gotta work hard get good shot...not jack up 3's working hard and getting good shots will get you back into a game 10 times as often as jacking up a 3 everytime down the floor...good defense high percentage shots.....work hard get good shots and go down low...drive and do one of 2 things....score or get fouled

For the last time I agree with you. And UNT did all that but they were still not getting back into the ball game. So I said they should do anything drastic to get back into the game. Look at SFA tonight, thier best players were post men but they used gaurd play to gt back into the game. For the last time I have never said jacking up threes is a good offense. Yes i said i want unt to to shootmore threes, and i have already proven that they are iamong the best in three point % and in the middle for attempts.

I never said I played...I am an avid follower...many many friends in the DI and I have played intramurals all five years....

Just curious...not questioning...which team was BKS...I worked for intramurals for the last three years...trying to narrow it down

If I could have my choice I would coach basketball somewhere also...

As far as at least trying to comeback I respect that and agree...but you definitely came across as saying....eff it jack the three...

I knew you didn't play!

We lost to the Footballers in the playoffs by like 3 because or bigman had to study for a test. wink.gif

As far as the UN game i was like F it jack it up from half court rather then turning it over.

Exactly.  Thank you for realizing what most of us have known for awhile.

Its not like we have a deficit of athletes on our team.  We can run and jump and dunk with anybody in college basketball.  We have guys that can shoot.  We have guys that can rebound, pass, dribble.  We have all the pieces.  What we haven't been able to do is put all of them together.

I understand what you mean about doing something when we are down big.  I'm not disagreeing that thigns need to change, I just don't share your opinion on how to do it.

Also, while this isn't an English class, and we aren't being graded, its hard to agree or disagree if we can't read what you're typing.

Yeah we have all of the pieces but we don't play smart...which some of that goes on Jones, but not all of it because we all know he is preaching it practice the guys just gotta execute

Exactly.  Thank you for realizing what most of us have known for awhile.

Its not like we have a deficit of athletes on our team.  We can run and jump and dunk with anybody in college basketball.  We have guys that can shoot.  We have guys that can rebound, pass, dribble.  We have all the pieces.  What we haven't been able to do is put all of them together.

I understand what you mean about doing something when we are down big.  I'm not disagreeing that thigns need to change, I just don't share your opinion on how to do it.

Also, while this isn't an English class, and we aren't being graded, its hard to agree or disagree if we can't read what you're typing.

edit: I'm not accusing you of saying jack the 3, I'm just saying, the reason we have high percentages is 1 or 2 good shooters, then carefully chosen shots.

Ya i agree with you.

Sure i will try to get my sister to proof read my posts.

I didnt play back in High School cause a 6 foot 285 guy is more suited for football and powerlifting....

I got to college dropped alot of weight and started playing here.... based on my lack of high school experience I obviously have no clue how to coach, play, or let alone dribble a basketball...

Triangle Offense - Wish I knew what that was.... I like watching the big orange ball go thru the big orange hoop....

Yeah we have all of the pieces but we don't play smart...which some of that goes on Jones, but not all of it because we all know he is preaching it practice the guys just gotta execute

This is were the fan can't say if the coach is bad or not. Just like in football these players came to UNT because better programs did not want. If you like it or not we get the washouts. some times we find a diamond, but most of the time we just get average players. We want JJ to be a great coach but great coaches are hard to come by they are coaching at places like Duke or Gonzaga. They can take players and make them play beyond themselves. So is a coach bad because he takes average players and gets average results?