Dickey is in great demand

rowlettgreen

He will find a job somewhere, if he wants it. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some time off to get healthy, but he'll get another coaching job. I hope he does. For all the things that happened and how sour things were at the end, I thank him for giving me the chance to go to New Orleans and watch UNT win a bowl game. And considering that UNT hadn't been to a bowl in my lifetime (they last went the year before I was born), I do hope he finds another job and is happy.

Edited by Smitty

Have you ever had a buddy that did nothing but bitch about his girlfriend?

Then, after getting sick of hearing him talk about it, you finally just tell him to shut up and that he should just break up with her. And then he does. But, for some reason, he can’t seem to stop talking about her, even though he finally got what he wanted.

You just want to tell the guy, “let it the *#$% go, dude,” because it is just a whip to keep listening to it.

If that guy was a whip, this thread is a beating. The day we can quit with the grave dancing really can’t come soon enough for me. Coach Dickey is gone. Why are we still talking about him?

Have you ever had a buddy that did nothing but bitch about his girlfriend? 

Then, after getting sick of hearing him talk about it, you finally just tell him to shut up and that he should just break up with her.  And then he does.  But, for some reason, he can’t seem to stop talking about her, even though he finally got what he wanted.

You just want to tell the guy, “let it the *#$% go, dude,” because it is just a whip to keep listening to it.

If that guy was a whip, this thread is a beating.  The day we can quit with the grave dancing really can’t come soon enough for me.  Coach Dickey is gone.  Why are we still talking about him?

I think it's hilarious how eveyone keeps comparing DD to their past volatile relationships. Someone call the cops - I think we've got a case of domestic abuse.

But...I agree...let's just leave well enough alone. DD's gone, and that's what most of us wanted. Let's just forgive and forget and move on to better things. We don't have any kids so there's no need to stay in touch or keep tabs on what DD's doing now.

I have a source that informs me that he is among 3 finalists to take over the head coaching job for the 8-10 year old team in Argyle. Mattress Mac is apparently offering to buy each of the kids a go cart since thats not illegal for youngsters. I think he has a chance...

I wish him the best of luck, but I'm afraid his actions on his way out, coupled with his archaic offense will keep him from HC positions.

Bingo.

I think he shot himself in the foot for future jobs with the way he acted....at least future HC jobs.

Right now, if he gets an offer to be even just a position coach, he should jump on it and be thankful.