Saturday Kids Clinic/Practice

chrisfisher

I took my daughter to this past Saturday's free basketball clinic. Jonnie Jones, his coaches, and most of the players attended. Afterwards, the Mean Green held a practice and invited everyone to watch. Some observations:

1. Jonathon Jackson is a class guy. My daughter was in his group. He was very kind with all the kids.

2. Jonathon Jackson is tall. I didn't realize how tall he is.

3. Jonathon Jackson looked good in practice. I hope we see more of him in games.

4. If I didn't know who this team was and had to guess who the leader was based on the practice, I'd undoubtedly say: Harold Stewart. He was funny, energetic, talkative, and looked like he was large and in charge. Also, he LOVES to slam dunk the ball. I hope to see more of this in games.

5. Harold Edwards - looked pretty good in practice and in our last home game. I wonder if he should be playing more.

6. Keith Wooden looked similar to how he did in games. I saw him miss several easy under the basket shots. I don't know why he insists on using the backboard when he could just slam it in!?! I still believe that he has a ton of potential.

7. Rich Young looks really polished on his shots, even in practice. Made most of his shots. I don't recall Rich shooting this well last season.

8. Mangrum looks like he could turn out to be a great recruit. He is still a bit raw talent, but his shot mechanics look very good. He is very fast on the court and brings good energy to the team.

9. Kendrick Davis had off his thick arm brace/wrap and instead had a smaller rap. He said he'll be back in 2-3 weeks, but that he "hopes to recover sooner than the doctors say he will." Kendrick worked out with the team in some drills and ran up and down the stairs during others.

10. Jonnie Jones is such a classy and nice guy. I really like having people like Jones represent UNT. I sure hope he continues to win games b/c I very much want him to be around for a long time.

Edited by chrisfisher

I took my daughter to this past Saturday's free basketball clinic.  Jonnie Jones, his coaches, and most of the players attended.  Afterwards, the Mean Green held a practice and invited everyone to watch. Some observations:

1. Jonathon Jackson is a class guy. My daughter was in his group.  He was very kind with all the kids.

2. Jonathon Jackson is tall. I didn't realize how tall he is.

3. Jonathon Jackson looked good in practice. I hope we see more of him in games.

4.  If I didn't know who this team was and had to guess who the leader was based on the practice, I'd undoubtedly say: Harold Stewart.  He was funny, energetic, talkative, and looked like he was large and in charge.  Also, he LOVES to slam dunk the ball. I hope to see more of this in games.

5. Harold Edwards - looked pretty good in practice and in our last home game. I wonder if he should be playing more.

6.  Keith Wooden looked similar to how he did in games. I saw him miss several easy under the basket shots.  I don't know why he insists on using the backboard when he could just slam it in!?!  I still believe that he has a ton of potential.

7. Rich Young looks really polished on his shots, even in practice.  Made most of his shots.  I don't recall Rich shooting this well last season.

8.  Mangrum looks like he could turn out to be a great recruit. He is still a bit raw talent, but his shot mechanics look very good.  He is very fast on the court and brings good energy to the team.

9. Kendrick Davis had off his think arm brace/wrap and instead had a smaller rap.  He said he'll be back in 2-3 weeks, but that he "hopes to recover sooner than the doctors say he will." Kendrick worked out with the team in some drills and ran up and down the stairs during others.

10.  Jonnie Jones is such a classy and nice guy.  I really like having people like Jones represent UNT.  I sure hope he continues to win games b/c I very much want him to be around for a long time.

1. I have hung out with him once and he was cool but quiet.

2. also has long arms.

3.All the players say hes good, i dont know why he doesnt get Pt.

4. Stewart is not the leader but he is crazy and fun. In the rec he always dunks before we play but when run games he doesnt. You saw in the last game he had a great putback but misses an easy one. For some reason he is not comfortable in the game.

5. Edwards gets down on himself fast and it realy hurts his game.

6. wink.gif

7. he needs to shoot more while KD is out.

8. I told you.

9. Good news.

10.This years coach of the year.