A name to consider that hasn't been discussed

Harry

Hey now...I brought that up and got no reponse. (I'm a credit whore.)

Donnan always seems to love NT when he does our TV broadcasts...always had great things to say about RV and even DD. Makes me wonder if it was all just for show or if he's really a fan of the program and the AD.

I'd be all for it.

I've heard some interesting names thown up, here is a few more to chew on:

Chris Thompsen- Abilene Christian, 2nd yr. has 'Cats ranked in top 20 in d2; also was an asst at Central Ark who always has explosive offenses in d2, coached at Wichita Falls HS as OC, 2nd Team all america TE at ACU in 93, played fball and baseball at TCU 3 years prior. Played at ACU with Coppell HS coach M. Fuller.

Gary Gibbs- D Coord of New Orelans Saints. Coached LBs with Dallas Cowboys prior to that. Also was DC at LSU and Georgia after his stint as head coach at OU. Familiar with the area, plenty of experience. Not sure if its realistic he would consider UNT.

Jim Donnan - A little on the old side but a solid coach who built Mashall's program and did a good job a Georgia.

"Mean" Joe Greene: Ah yes, the greatest player in NT history. Coached for 16 years in the pro ranks, now with the Steelers in the player personnel dept. Big name could attract recruits. Is he HC material? Would he consider it?

Hal Mumme: Texas native, graduated for T. Jefferson in Dallas then Tarleton State. Former Texas HS football coach. Obviously a great offensive mind, does have some baggage. Would be coming home to Texas. Is it a step down from WAC to SBC?

Who know who is on the ADs list, but it sure is fun to throw names out there to think about

Donnan posted several times already including me on 11/9

I really think Donnan is close to the Dickey family and that may make him feel personally uncomfortable in putting his name in the hat for our job. Not sure he would anyway.

In fact, don't some of you remember on one of the ESPN telelcast of one of our games when Donnan was shopping DD for a really Big Time U program (and to use his words) "should take a chance with Darrell Dickey." That kind of turned me off that he used a UNT televised football game to shop DD. I mean come on now, isn't there a time and a place to do such things as that? sad.gif

I think Donnan and DD's Dad were assistant coaches at one assistant coach stopover.

He sounds like a good ol' Southern boy on ESPN radio, but what the hell, I guess that would be OK. rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen