Recruiting one o one

OldTimer

I know the NCAA has recruiting rules...times visits and visits can't be made etc.

I know each coach has its recruiting territory...where he visits HS coaches, views video, checks grades, visits with prospective players and family...in his assigned areas.

I believe the position coach has next to final say over a recruit at his position..ie if a OL is recruited by someone in another assigned recruiting area...the OL coach can say yea or nae on that recruit. For example..the QB at Trinity Euless, state champs was interested in NT and I heard that RF nixed this. I also heard the WR coach at that time wanted Quinn....and had to argue with DD on this choice.

The head coach obviously has the final say on a recruit. I understand DD visited the home of the player and met with the player and his family before offering the ship. I understand that the HC can call a player and I presume a HS coach.

Questions: Is the HC limited to one visit per player? Does the college HC visit the HS's, talk with the HS coaches, on at the HS? Jimbo is a great recruiter...can he still be very active in direct recruiting? Would TD initiate talks with individual HS Coaches and players,?

Just interested in clarifying the process, who does what etc. Would appreciate your input into clarifying this process to me and others.

Comments requested.

The HC obviously has the final say...