advice for coach jones

drex

if he did not want to be hear why wouild he apply??

How can UNT have horrible Basketball ?Facilities? they use the Pit then and use it now so now the facilities are worse. You're killing your logic.

Im sorry that is one thing of many that the Basketball team uses.

The have a new practice gym. New dorms. New offices. New weight rooms.

As you can see with the football situation many people apply not really thinking that they are going to come here. When people apply to college they apply to more then one , except unt students. When people apply for jobs they dont apply to one cross thier fingers hoping to get get it.

I'm not a Jones fans, but I don't dislike the guy either. I thought it was crazy for him to get a contract extention when he had not yet proved himself. Some are saying if he doesn't have a winning season this year he should be tossed out. I agree 100%, has anyone looked at the quality of the times NT is playing? I have a feeling that once NT starts playing confrence teams there will be less winning. Jones has a VERY talented team out there on the floor this year. However, this is not the first talented group of young men Jones has had under him. C. Davis, J. Green, L. Hopkins, W. Smith, and J. Rogers was a hell of a team had they had the right leadership. S. Johnson had a great deal of talent, but even his talent was not enough to pull NT through. The 2005 - 2006 team was a great team, but once again they didn't have the right leadership. A bunch of not so good school to go up against, a very talented squad, and either a loss for the season or break even = time for a new coach.

I have a feeling that once NT starts playing confrence teams there will be less winning.

That seems to be the case almost every year it seems. We'll have to wait and see how this season works out.

I'd love to see us make some noise come conference tournament time and make it at least 2 rounds deep.