Is RV hiring a coach for his benefit or ours

UNT_playmaker

If you have seen the names contacted or mentioned you will see that RV has opened his old buddy book and started calling people down his list...

This is not a good sign for who our future head coach might be, I would rather hire a proven HS coach than ANY F****** washup from Southern Miss or TCU....I mean seriously, it seriously looks like our own AD will hire a Head Coach based out his own benefit for himself and a lucky friend.

I know I have said alot of wacky stuff on the board in my time (Hurricanes, Goal Posts, and etc) but I know that if we dont voice our OPINIONS LOUDLY against this hijacking of our open HC position, we will ended up for a Stage One Croony.....I also know for a fact that NONE of the names mentioned are capable of becoming a successful head coach at UNT. NONE!!!!

Do any of yall think he will even interview, an old buddy of his to be our new coach

I mean he sure as HELL hasnt looked at other possible candidates, thats for DAMN sure.

REMEMBER THIS ONE DECISION WILL IMPACT NT FOR MANY YEARS. I KNOW FOR A SOLID FACT THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON WANTS WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR FOOTBALL TEAM, ALWAYS.....

BUT CAN WE EXPECT THE SAME FROM A PERSON WHO TRIED NUMEROUS TIMES TO LEAVE OUR SCHOOL TO GO TO ANY OTHER AD OPENINGS THAT POPPED UP..

WE NEED WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR INTEREST, NOT A FAVOR GIVEN BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.....

IT JUST SEEMS INEVITABLE TO ME THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH EACH DAY THAT PASSES BY.

If you have seen the names contacted or mentioned you will see that RV has opened his old buddy book and started calling people down his list...

This is not a good sign for who our future head coach might be, I would rather hire a proven HS coach than ANY F****** washup from Southern Miss or TCU....I mean seriously, it seriously looks like our own AD will hire a Head Coach based out his own benefit for himself and a lucky friend.

I know I have said alot of wacky stuff on the board in my time (Hurricanes, Goal Posts, and etc) but I know that if we dont voice our OPINIONS LOUDLY against this hijacking of our open HC position, we will ended up for a Stage One Croony.....I also know for a fact that NONE of the names mentioned are capable of becoming a successful head coach at UNT. NONE!!!!

Do any of yall think he will even interview, an old buddy of his to be our new coach

I mean he sure as HELL hasnt looked at other possible candidates, thats for DAMN sure.

REMEMBER THIS ONE DECISION WILL IMPACT NT FOR MANY YEARS. I KNOW FOR A SOLID FACT THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON WANTS WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR FOOTBALL TEAM, ALWAYS.....

BUT CAN WE EXPECT THE SAME FROM A PERSON WHO TRIED NUMEROUS TIMES TO LEAVE OUR SCHOOL TO GO TO ANY OTHER AD OPENINGS THAT POPPED UP..

WE NEED WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR INTEREST, NOT A FAVOR GIVEN BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.....

IT JUST SEEMS INEVITABLE TO ME THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH EACH DAY THAT PASSES BY.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The beauty of your posts is that they require no credible evidence whatsoever. I can only imagine the freedom you must feel knowing that you are the official warrantless panic button masher.

Randy Galloway??

unsure.gif

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The beauty of your posts is that they require no credible evidence whatsoever.  I can only imagine the freedom you must feel knowing that you are the official warrantless panic button masher.

The sad part is that his posts are getting longer and are starting to resemble PMG's manifestos. Can the board handle TWO PMGs? blink.gifblink.gif

The sad part is that his posts are getting longer and are starting to resemble PMG's manifestos.  Can the board handle TWO PMGs?  blink.gif  blink.gif

No. I have some respect for PMG, enough to read some of his posts and not just hurry through them.

Playmaker...well, his posts are good for a laugh.

Maybe we should have the UNT admin give him the AD, HC, and starting QB positions since he knows so much about doing all 3 jobs.

Edited by meangreendork

RV's best interest is the same as UNT's best interest. This hire is the most important of his time here. This coach won't have 9 years to prove himself. Also, if Johnny Jones continues along the parth he is on (i.e. losing early in the conference tournament and no postseason invites) he will have proven to be a bust for RV. We can't keep giving these guys 6-9 years to have a winning record. In addition to this hire he better be ready to make some tough decisions with regard to Slinker and Jones. RV has to know he is replaceable and we have an President willng to hold his feet to the fire.

As a friend of mine said, "We finally have a University President who is man enough to do what is neccessay to take UNT to the next level."

Damn you guys, laugh.gif

Pretty large consensus that I was and still am drunk from posting those new topics..Well I wasnt for the record....

But I am concerned that we might get croony, from the ways things are going...

But I would love to see seem EFFORT put into this coaching hire, cause from what I have seen, (the names contacted), it obviously hasnt.

JUST WANT THE BEST CHOICE FOR TEAM....... WE DESERVE IT.... wink.gif

Are you indicating that Borat might be a cadidate for the Head Coaching position at UNT?  That might be fun to watch.

"I will make glorious improvements to the program of feetballs at Texas of North country. I hoping that the wonderful Vincent Lombardi and Jim Wackers shall be coaching the offenses and defenses of the college sporting teem. I know that the Wackers is so much not beleeeeeeivables. I am now sticking theat, what you call, the slogans on the bumpers of splendid auto machine I am to receiving for stipend of coaching benefit.

As alltimes,

Go Forward Menacing Green"

Edited by Eagle-96

"I will make glorious improvements to the program of feetballs at Texas of North country. I hoping that the wonderful Vincent Lombardi and Jim Wackers shall be coaching the offenses and defenses of the college sporting teem. I know that the Wackers is so much not beleeeeeeivables. I am now sticking theat, what you call, the slogans on the bumpers of splendid auto machine I am to receiving for stipend of coaching benefit.

As alltimes,

Go Forward Menacing Green"

laugh.gif