HAS RV EVEN CONTACTED ANYONE BESIDES HIS BUDDIES!

UNT_playmaker

Why is it that every damn name I hear on the board and in the newspaper is one of RV old bed buddies from every former schools he went too. I'm starting to believe that maybe just maybe pulled the plug on DD to bring in one of his buddies....

Which I believe 99% of the people on this board can agree that his croonies mentioned is no where near what is needed at UNT, and im going to say it, they are a bunch of washed-up has-been's that RV is willing to throw in here at the expense of a very fragile and crucial time in Mean Green Athletics.

Each day that passes by and each name that RV has begged to come to coach at NT, the less I trust RV..which isnt much, Considering that I watch him several times to my best friend in his face about getting a refund for his LSU tickets after the hurricane fiasco. He never did follow through on refunding a ticket to in my opinion a huge NT fan, is just unworthy of my trust.

You, along with everyone else, do not know what is going on in the hiring process. You have no idea who is being talked to, who is being interviewed, who is being considered. Just let RV do his job and when the new coach is announced you can moan and complain then if you like. But until then you are complaining about internet and newspaper rumors. RV could hire Pete Carroll or Bob Stoops and somebody would find a reason to complain.

Edited by Eagle-96

Playmaker,

Please tap the break. RV has not given us any reason to think that he will not make a great choice. RV has proven to be a good decision maker.

Many people on this board didn't think he would fire DD. Well, he did.

RV has been able to increase the level of alumni and community giving and improved our facilities in a great way.

He has also proven to be aligned with our vision of this program for the future. He has worked very hard for a new stadium and a higher standard for NT sports as a whole.

Give the guy time. How you you feel if you were RV and every gripes about contacting people you know and TRUST?

How would you feel if you were a long time friend of RV and he didn't even give you a courtesy call about a coaching opportunity he had available. Many of these contacts may be RV simply reaching out to those he knows to see the intetrest level.

There is a reason that RV posted on the board that he will not post while this process takes place. Give him time. He knows what he is doing.

I second that. Screw 1 and 2 - who is 4?

So far, it's a pretty exclusive club -- just 3 on the list at the moment. But for anyone wanting to join the club, follow these instructions:

1. Start numerous posts on the same topic.

2. Make outlandish claims (alternate: Announce plans to never post again).

3. Beat a dead horse (extra points for technicolor).

4. Repeat steps 1-3 ad nauseum.*

*(You may be removed from the black list at any time for killing obnoxious threads with pizza or Star Wars discussions - so avoid those activities if you want to stay in the club)

biggrin.giftongue.gif

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Mabey it was the Captain speaking (Captain Morgan that is).

You leave Captain Morgan out of this. He didn't even get me thrown out of the stadium in Austin this year.

As for this thread, Playmaker, get over it, he's not picking you. Who knows who RV has really talked to? Besides, if you were going to hire someone, a factor you should consider is how loyal they will be to you and your vision.