Sullivan Contacted

NT03

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Surely he's more comfortable in Bammy. Wonderful place. Good fit.

Have you ever seen a UAB home game on TV? Very reminiscent of our end zone stands, only on a grander scale. Lot of aluminum to see.

Just say no to Pat Sullivan. He's a one year wonder. 24-42-1 record at TCU. blink.gif

From the UAB site-

"Prior to joining the staff at UAB, Sullivan was the head coach at TCU for six years (1992-97), posting a record of 24-42-1. Sullivan led TCU to a 7-5 record in 1994, including a berth in the Independence Bowl; a year later, he led TCU to a 6-5 mark.

He earned the Top Newcomer Award by American Football Quarterly in 1995 for the progress the TCU program achieved during his first three years, going from a 2-8-1 mark in 1992 to a 7-5 finish and postseason bowl game in 1994. Sullivan was named the Southwest Conference Coach of the Year in 1994 as well."

Surely he's more comfortable in Bammy. Wonderful place. Good fit.

Have you ever seen a UAB home game on TV? Very reminiscent of our end zone stands, only on a grander scale. Lot of aluminum to see.

Sad apart of that is , I can recall at least 3 UAB home games over the past 2 or 3 yrs on the Duece. Same result everytime, Lots of Aluminum even though they always seem to be in contention for a bowl bid. I like to think that if we were on the Duece once a year with something to play for we could somewhat pack the house.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Sad apart of that is , I can recall at least 3 UAB home games over the past 2 or 3 yrs on the Duece. Same result everytime, Lots of Aluminum even though they always seem to be in contention for a bowl bid. I like to think that if we were on the Duece once a year with something to play for we could somewhat pack the house.

It's because they have THE worst-looking mascot/logo.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Just say no to Pat Sullivan. He's a one year wonder. 24-42-1 record at TCU. blink.gif

From the UAB site-

"Prior to joining the staff at UAB, Sullivan was the head coach at TCU for six years (1992-97), posting a record of 24-42-1. Sullivan led TCU to a 7-5 record in 1994, including a berth in the Independence Bowl; a year later, he led TCU to a 6-5 mark.

He earned the Top Newcomer Award by American Football Quarterly in 1995 for the progress the TCU program achieved during his first three years, going from a 2-8-1 mark in 1992 to a 7-5 finish and postseason bowl game in 1994. Sullivan was named the Southwest Conference Coach of the Year in 1994 as well."

The whole TCU story is 2 bad years then 2 OK years and then 2 bad years.

No sh!t.  It looks like something a SouthEast Asia baseball team would use as a logo.  You know, like the Hirokominaki Dragons. wink.gif

I heard a rumor the Yankees & Red Sox are in a bidding war for the Dragons logo. Bidding has hit 40 million just to try to negotiate a deal with the desinger laugh.gif

Edited by NT03

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I heard a rumor the Yankees & Red Sox are in a bidding war for the Dragons logo.  Bidding has hit 40 million just to try to negotiate a deal with the desinger  laugh.gif

Good one!

By the way, they're "the Blazers". I know this only because it's not that far away and because there is a lot of CUSA coverage in the Memphis paper. And a further by the way, Memphis hammered stAte tonight. I was disappointed, but it also sickens me that I have to worry about what these other Belt schools are doing because basically they all are terrible in athletics.

UNT to mull facility naming proposals

Mean Green contact former TCU head coach

09:41 PM CST on Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Brett Vito/Staff Writer

The North Texas board of regents will consider three proposals to name athletic facilities during its meetings Thursday and Friday.

UNT will consider naming its new softball complex after Donald and Patty Lovelace, who have pledged $300,000 of the total construction cost of $578,000 for the facility. UNT will also consider naming its Student-Athlete Services Center in honor of Gayle and Virgil Strange, who have given more than $175,000 to the university.

So the new SA Services Center might be called the "Strange Student-Athlete Services Center"?? Hmmm....that's sure to raise a few eyebrows during recruiting visits.

Pat Sullivan:

(1) Ask TCU officials about him. Better yet, ask TCU alums/Horned Frog fans where you'll get a clearer, truer and not the typical rubber-stamp "he's just fine" resume reference type of comments). Folks, unless someone has been accused and convicted of rape or murder, these people take care of each other when it comes to giving each other job references no matter the performance. You know, the old "they might need one in return one day" kind of scenario?

(2) Didn't Pat Sullivan have some very, very serious health problems just a few years ago that should be considered?

Sullivan didn't seem to have much in the area of being a charismatic personality while at TCU as I recall and didn't we just have a coach just like that at UNT?

Of course, they'll be those who said while Sullivan was at TCU he recruited all the kids that Coach Fran turned into a success; but if you use that argument, so did UNT assistant coach Todd Dodge who was part of Parker's staff who recruited those who Matt Simon would later have some success.

Tell Tell? smile.gif I think Pat Sullivan was the TCU HFC when Rick V was on the staff in Horned Frog Country.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen