WKU vs. UAB on FSN

UNT_92_Fan

My scouting report of WKU

1. This team is FAST - they have some speed in the front court... Their guards are real athletic and very very quick.

2. Dont let this team get hot from deep. It was a close game until the Toppers started drillin' their threes in the second half

3. They are a second half team. I know for a fact the last two maybe three games they are hitting over 40 points in the second half. NT needs a HELL OF A defensive second half to run with these guys.

4. They Press the whole game. I saw them call it off maybe twice the whole second half. They were pressing the last 15 seonds up by 12.

Good team, Fun team to watch, but they are NOT invincible....they showed some weaknesses late in the game when UAB tried to make a run but couldnt get the shots to fall. They weren't protecting the ball all that well whether it was bad passes or ill advised shots. UAB had oppurtunities...they just couldnt hit anything!

This is not sounding good to me. We turn the ball over a lot. Even against a TSU weak press we had problems. But good win for WKU.

Part of the problem, as I saw first hand against Tulsa, is that we don't push the tempo against the press. I saw Bell and Sturns pick up their dribble when they saw the press well short of the half-court line, which led to at least one turnover for taking too much time.

Part of the problem, as I saw first hand against Tulsa, is that we don't push the tempo against the press.  I saw Bell and Sturns pick up their dribble when they saw the press well short of the half-court line, which led to at least one turnover for taking too much time.

That was actually the plan. TSU man pressed. So to beat the press they cleared the backcourt . You saw how JJ sent two men to the corners.

Johnny's press break was actually very effective last year. With the new job I havent made it out yet this year...which SUCKS SOMETHING AWFUL....But If he is doing what he did last year and they hit us with a man press we can break it as long as Emmitt Said...Sturns and Bell keep their dribble alive.

A Press is not hard to break!

The press is typically relatively easy to break at first, but after dealing with it for large stretches of time, it exhausts the other team. Remember Arkansas's old "40 Minutes of hell" from about 15 years ago? It almost never worked until the last 10 minutes of the game, but then almost every possession their opposition turned the ball over.