Project: Can a graphics guru do this

jperg2

A while back I emailed the folks at YAHOO! about updating the NCAA football logo they use on their Footbal webpages for North Texas. I did receive a response, but at this time I do not recall the wording (can post it later -- see below).

What I was wondering though is if someone here can create an 80x60 image similar to the other logos found on their site for other schools.

Here's the image I'm refering to:

user posted image

SOURCE: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nnp

There has got to be somone talented enough to get this done. Maybe then they can use it on their page, and finally get that CIRCLE/START logo off and in the dumpster.

I've seen other schools on that site get their logos updated (Troy, ULM, MTSU) but for some reason, ours has gone untouched. Didn't even get a script logo on there.

Thanks, I know I'd really apprecaite it. cool.gif

As promised...

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.  Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are investigating this issue and will make any appropriate corrections as soon as possible.  We appreciate the time you took to write in, and whenever you have further questions or comments, please email us again.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Morris

Yahoo! Customer Care

Edited by jperg2

I wrote them last September (05)... and nothing has changed. This is our exchange:

Original Message Follows:

-------------------------

Sport:  NCAA Football

Subject: Suggestion

Type your feedback here:

Hi,

The University of North Texas, my alma mater, recently unveiled new logos and

branding for the school. I don't know if they are supposed to notify you or how

it works, but I thought I'd at least suggest looking at their new web page with all the

info. The logos and colors that Yahoo are using are now incorrect.

The site is www.unt.edu/branding

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Sports.

Thank you for providing the new school logo.  I have forwarded the new

logo to the production team.

Regards,

Preston

Yahoo! Customer Care

Original Message Follows:

-------------------------

Thanks for the quick response!

All of this info. is from the official site,

www.unt.edu/branding

The logo we're now using is at

http://www.unt.edu/branding/imagemarks/pre...ed_1_Md_355.gif

One that might look a little better at 80x60

http://www.unt.edu/branding/imagemarks/pre...ed_2_Md_355.gif

And just for reference, the shade of green has been lightened. It is now Pantone #356, or hex #059033

Thanks again!

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Sports.

In order to update the information we need a 80x60 logo version that is downloadable. Can you provide a URL to access the necessary information so we can get this updated?

Regards,

Marshall

Someone have a program that can send multiple emails to their mailbox requesting a change. Better yet maybe everyone can send the same/similar email and we can do a "Shawshank Redemption" type thing to get it changed.

A wild thought I know... but if we can VOTE over 40K times for a cheerleader from the Sun Belt Conference, I think we can do this too. ph34r.gif

GMG!

Edited by jperg2

Thanks!

I've darkened the background slightly and posted it on a new topic, along with samples of other schools' logos.

You know, it's not really legal to be screwing with anyones logo. Schools, corporations etc have graphic standards for their trademarks. You are violating federal copyright laws by altering the NT logo. If you want Yahoo to use the correct one contact someone in the marketing department or athletics department at NT and ask that they send one to Yahoo.

I appreciate your chutzpuh but imagine if everyone "tweaked" the logo and various outlets accepted the tweaked logo.

I think it would be great if people, LOTS OF 'EM started to tweak our logo.  Thousands, Millions even.  What a great problem that would be. 

SOMEDAY?

Rick

And then you log on to Yahoo and see a new burnt orange and white NT logo someone tweaked. You'll really be stoked then eh Rick?

You guys act as if I'm attacking Smitty. I'm not.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

You know, it's not really legal to be screwing with anyones logo. Schools, corporations etc have graphic standards for their trademarks. You are violating federal copyright laws by altering the NT logo. If you want Yahoo to use the correct one contact someone in the marketing department or athletics department at NT and ask that they send one to Yahoo.

I appreciate your chutzpuh but imagine if everyone "tweaked" the logo and various outlets accepted the tweaked logo.

You're assuming someone with such authority cares. If they were serious about promoting and enforcing it, Smitty wouldn't be up to it.