Another name in the hat....

UNTflyer

I'd take a coach that went 10 - 2 in the SEC.  Shula is probably a pretty good coach.  Its just that the standards at bama are so high.

Fired after going 6-6 in the SEC - considered a down season. I would take a down season of 6-6.

**NEWSFLASH**

Mack Brown, Bill Parcells, or Bob Stoops will not leave their jobs to come here. rolleyes.gif

Fired after going 6-6 in the SEC - considered a down season.  I would take a down season of 6-6.

**NEWSFLASH**

Mack Brown, Bill Parcells, or Bob Stoops will not leave their jobs to come here. rolleyes.gif

yeah anyone that wouldn't take Shula is crazy/and or delusional over the state of our program. No offense intended by that, I just think its insane to not have interest in a guy that coached ANY team to 10-2 in the SEC. 6-6 isn't all that terrible either, in that conference. Care to guess as to the kind of beat-down that 6-6 bama team might lay on ole NT?

Honestly, Im surprised they didnt go after Chizik. I think that the odds of us getting a Shula-type here in in our program's current state and the sunbelt conference are somewhere between us accepting a bid to the Rose Bowl and hell freezing over.