Good Win For the Men

IslandEagle

Another great WHOLE team effort. I don't know the stats, but I'm pretty sure we had a bunch of players in the 8-15 point range. Quincy Williams is stepping up BIG TIME. Keith Wooden had a great all around game. He made his shots, rebounded well, and even stuffed two shooters within a 10 sec. span! I hope Wooden gains confidence going into the Nebraska game. Ben Bell looked great too. He handled the full court press beautifully and made some great shots. Calvin Watson had a decent game, but didn't seem to get as many open shots as usual. Harold Stewart played well too.

Overall, we were definitely more aggressive driving to the basket tonight. We drove to the rim more in this game than I can remember for a while. At times, we were too aggressive and committed turn overs while forcing them to the big men... nonetheless, I really liked this aspect of our game tonight. We had several slam dunks. Something I've wanted for some time now! We have big man under the basket.. to hell with finesse backboard shots, let's slam them in!!

Again, great all around team effort. I hope we keep this up in Nebraska!

Edited by chrisfisher

Good game tonight. Decent crowd, but very lousy spirit. Very few students or student age folks at all. This university needs a unified chant that has an ending like everyone else. Something that even the crowd that usually sits on their hands can do. This was why I spent $80 to have posters that the cheerleaders could hold up to get it started back for the '04 Bowl game. But of course, they tossed them aside and we still have nothing. By some act of God or Congress we need to press who ever is in charge of Fish camp, the band, or whoever to get something started. I'

As for the team I'm curious. Is there any chance that we somehow clean up the stumblin', bumblin', fumblin' every time we hit the open man breaking to the basket before conference play begins? We don't get it to him fast enough, but when we do he fumbles it. Would have made for some very easy baskets and an early blow out if we took care of business in that department.

We were much bigger than they were and I got nervous at the half. Couldn't believe the rebounds were nearly even there with 8 minutes left.

I'm not ready to crown this team just yet as they have a long ways to go. If they could ever stop playing like they just met and handle the ball better they might scare some people this season.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Good game tonight.  Decent crowd, but very lousy spirit.  Very few students or student age folks at all.  This university needs a unified chant that has an ending like everyone else.  Something that even the crowd that usually sits on their hands can do.  This was why I spent $80 to have posters that the cheerleaders could hold up to get it started back for the '04 Bowl game.  But of course, they tossed them aside and we still have nothing.  By some act of God or Congress we need to press who ever is in charge of Fish camp, the band, or whoever to get something started.  I'

As for the team I'm curious.  Is there any chance that we somehow clean up the stumblin', bumblin', fumblin' every time we hit the open man breaking to the basket before conference play begins?  We don't get it to him fast enough, but when we do he fumbles it.  Would have made for some very easy baskets and an early blow out if we took care of business in that department.

We were much bigger than they were and I got nervous at the half.  Couldn't believe the rebounds were nearly even there with 8 minutes left. 

I'm not ready to crown this team just yet as they have a long ways to go.  If they could ever stop playing like they just met  and handle the ball better they might scare some people this season.

Rick

Keep in mind it is Thanksgiving weekend and a lot of us (students) were still in our hometowns BUT...the spirit at the games do need a boost. Some sort of cheer would be nice. Or a rowdy fan club. The Talons are a little weak, not gunna lie.

Keep in mind it is Thanksgiving weekend and a lot of us (students) were still in our hometowns BUT...the spirit at the games do need a boost.  Some sort of cheer would be nice.  Or a rowdy fan club.  The Talons are a little weak, not gunna lie.

Feel free to reignite the Pit Crew. Ask some people around the message board, there is some of the leadership that helped form the group that post here.

The first half was a lot like the UTA game. It seemed like we thought we could just cruise through to a win without much effort. The second half was much better, but it still should have been a 30+ point win. TSU didn't have the most talent or best athletes, but they made the most of what they had and played pretty well.

I think the team is still trying to adjust to not having Davis out there. Hopefully they have adjusted enough to head into Lincoln and beat the Huskers. Go Mean Green!

Getting the crowd involved is in part to the Super Pit Production too. The anuncer is a good guy but he is boring. They don't play any music that will make fans move around.

All the studenst were at home and the attendence for the next two home games during Christmas will be even worse for students.

As for the Pit Crew it is time for them to come back. Is there anyone on this board who is an old member? Do I have to get any permission to us e the name? Is there anyone who works for the school that wants to sponsor the new Pit Crew? Is there any one who wants to join?

Getting the crowd involved is in part to the Super Pit Production too. The anuncer is a good guy but he is boring. They don't play any music that will make fans move around.

I went to a Mavs game recently and heard Everybody Dance Now and some Will Smith crap. Oddly enough, no one in the capacity crowd complained

All the studenst were at home and the attendence for the next two home games during Christmas will be even worse for students.

As for the Pit Crew it is time for them to come back. Is there anyone on this board who is an old member? Do I have to get any permission to us e the name? Is there anyone who works for the school that wants to sponsor the new Pit Crew? Is there any one who wants to join?

I'll join.

Not to sound crazy, you could join Talons next spring and not only help increase the basketball spirit and strengthen something that is seen as weak, but take advantage of a built-in budget. PC may have done some great things when they were around, but since most of the funding came from out of pocket, they couldn't do it all the time. If PC starts again, it may run into the same problems. And, you get to learn about the university's history and traditions, if that interests you.

Not to sound crazy, you could join Talons next spring and not only help increase the basketball spirit and strengthen something that is seen as weak, but take advantage of a built-in budget.  PC may have done some great things when they were around, but since most of the funding came from out of pocket, they couldn't do it all the time.  If PC starts again, it may run into the same problems.  And, you get to learn about the university's history and traditions, if that interests you.

What are the Talons planning on doing for basketball with their "built-in budget"? I've been able to make two games so far this season, and haven't see a Talon.

Thats why I asked if anyone wants to sponsor a new PC. It is very easy to create a school organization, I have already done it. We will not get funding this year but for next year we will get shool funding. But this year we we will get access to all that UNT has to offer and would be able to fund raise on campus.