I dont understand Rice and MTSU...

calvin

MTSU was playing their biggest game in the history of their program with the Title and bowl bid on the line and they only draw 17,000.

Rice was in the same boat, trying to get to a bowl for the first time since Jesus was born and they only draw 12,000 . What is up with that. We have always had attendence problems but at least we have drawn good crowds for important games.

MTSU was playing their biggest game in the history of their program with the Title and bowl bid on the line and they only draw 17,000. 

Rice was in the same boat, trying to get to a bowl for the first time since Jesus was born and they only draw 12,000 .  What is up with that.  We have always had attendence problems but at least we have drawn good crowds for important games.

I guess Rice must be pretty honest with their attendance figures. I was at the game and it looked like a solid 15,000 to me. I think that quite a few people strolled into the game after halftime. SMU would of found a way to call that crowd 25,000. Good game and nice win for the Owls.

Yeah, but have we ever played a big game on Thanksgiving Weekend and drawn a good crowd?

Don't think so.

Only because we don't play them.

I believe the only time we've played a Thanksgiving weekend home game since returning to 1-A was ASU last year. We usually end up on the road. The NMSU game in 2002 with a big crowd was the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Programs that rely on student turnout to ensure a big crowd probably don't have a chance on Thanksgiving weekend.