NT article in FW STar Telegram excerpts not on the

OldTimer

Jerseys...DD said he meant as a final reward. The jerseys, the mostly good riddance chatter on NT's fan board, flap on MM, Throw in unsubstantiated (and anonymous) claims by some players parents that a locker room altercation between 2 asst coaches at halftime. "If something happened, I wasn't aware of it. I was in there with the team and never saw or heard anything.NT's locker room has isolated rooms away from the main team.

DD thanked and praised his players for their achievements "under tough circumstances, NT players endured difficult non conference games, the death of Andrew Smith, the ebb of winning and losing, his health problems ...FAN DISSENT and the coaches firing.

DD SAID HE JUST WANTS THE HATCHET JOB ON HIS REPUTATION TO BE OVER.

Under DD NT FB gained the support needed to add new workout facilitites, Nt gained recruiting credibility.

Full Story Link

I'm disappointed that the Star-Telegram has only gotten one side of the story here: Dickey's. The claims aren't anonymous -- I put this reporter in touch with people in a position to substantiate them.

But in a couple hours, Dickey's program will have a bunch of seniors who have finished their football careers and can speak on the record without retribution. So we'll see if he really went out "with class," as he told the Star-Telegram.

The best part of the article is where he quotes himself third person:

Everything about Coach Dickey gets spun negatively, and has for a while.