Well Franchione just inked himself five more years

UNT_playmaker

Well Franchione just inked himself five more years with the Aggies today...

That was A&M's first win in Austin in 12 years....

Anytime A&M wins it just makes me want to throw up....Hope that Oklahoma wins

Actually I've meet a few aggies who think of NT as a community college, the reason why you guys havent seen the actual hate and taunts from aggie fans is because we haven't played them in what over a decade, while we have played the Horns and the Sooners every other year, and quite frankly made thier fans believe we are their rivals...

Start playing A&M and NT and you will see the ugly classless fans come out, In my opinion I think the best fans in the region are UNT fans, I havent personally meet a crude one yet.

Texas was a team that lost alot of confidence after the K-state game and has some major problems if they were to lose to K-state, mainly defensive problems.

I told a friend earlier that this could be the Aggies year to beat a wounded Texas team, not suprised by the aggie win what so ever...

I would love to see a NT and A&M game at our new stadium and it being our opener, I think by that time, we can prove how overrated the aggies are.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

Overrated? They weren't ranked and lost 3 games by less than a TD. Not overrated IMHO.

You can defintely tell which of us grew up following one or the other school more than the other. Auburn was always my "pet" school in college football as a kid, so you woulda thought I woulda avoided much of the A&M/Texas rivalry.

But my folks hated Texas so much, I became a Aggie one day a year by default. As I grew up I liked them even more, just cause they hated Texas. laugh.gif

I had quite a few friends that went to A&M. All classy people.

Actually I've meet a few aggies who think of NT as a community college, the reason why you guys havent seen the actual hate and taunts from aggie fans is because we have played them in what over a decade, while we have played the Horns and the Sooners every other year, and quite frankly made thier fans believe we are their rivals...

blink.gifhuh.gifblink.gifhuh.gifblink.gifhuh.gifblink.gifhuh.gifblink.gifhuh.gifblink.gif

Rick

That was a shocking stat!

Earlier in the game I was commenting that Franchione lost it once he got to A&M. My friend and I watched him at New Mexico and then followed him at Bama and I have always been a fan. But his stint in College Station has not been what many were expecting including me.

With that said he always was able to pull of a Signature win. In New Mexico he built the dreaded Lobos to beat a #8 ranked Utah team in University Stadium. In El Paso he led TCU over the vaunted USC machine. Once he got a signature win he was able to carry the team over the top. Is this going to be his signature win that finally turns the tide?

Great day for the Ags!

GMG

Actually I've meet a few aggies who think of NT as a community college, the reason why you guys havent seen the actual hate and taunts from aggie fans is because we have played them in what over a decade, while we have played the Horns and the Sooners every other year, and quite frankly made thier fans believe we are their rivals...

I

--I hope you are kidding.. I teach a lot of them in my summer classes ( at a community college) and I have never seen that attitude from them ... in fact a few summers ago I had one UNT student that had them shaking their head because he finished test in less than half the time as the rest of them and was making an "A" everytime. He did not hurt the UNT image any. I also have One Aggie son and his buddy that regularly attends UNT games (they live in Dallas) with my other son, a UNT comp-sci grad. We may well be well below A&M athleticly (thanks to SMU and their opposition to us being SWC and CUSA over the years) but otherwise we definitely aren't. Many of Aggies son's comp-sci profs had degrees from UNT.

---No one can make us feel inferior except us , but some here seem to have that oppinion and seem to be worried about it. At least once during each summer session I wear an UNT shirt to let them know where their prof came from... and no I don't give all A's or even passing grades usually. I am not Uncle Scrooge and I am not Santa Claus. Most comment that is is nice to a math prof that actually speaks English instead some other language and are near impossible to understand. (that is why many take math/sciences classes at community colleges in the summer, a lot of mine had dropped at Tech or A&M because they did not have a clue what they were hearing and the instructor did not know what he was really doing) Freshman/Sophomore profs at mega universities are often grad students (sometime foreign) teaching their first class (I was once one, but Texan) and not a prof that has taught for years and knows what they are doing.

---As I have said earlier I support every Texas team over out of state universities (except SMU which has done "evil" things to us). I am amazed by those who would support a Calif. or Yankee school over fellow Texans...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Next year will be the year Fran makes or loses his way, period. This year, 9 wins in nice, but it was a cake schedule. Next year, Fran has the following ON THE ROAD:

@Miami (FL)

@Texas Tech

@Missouri

@Nebraska

@Oklahoma

Plus the home date with Texas and fast improving Okie State. Win 8 or 9 with THAT schedule, and you've earned a few more years.

Next year will be the year Fran makes or loses his way, period. This year, 9 wins in nice, but it was a cake schedule. Next year, Fran has the following ON THE ROAD:

@Miami (FL)

@Texas Tech

@Missouri

@Nebraska

@Oklahoma

Plus the home date with Texas and fast improving Okie State. Win 8 or 9 with THAT schedule, and you've earned a few more years.

Yeah good points....A&M did have a pretty easy schedule and almost lost to some of those easy opponents they faced earlier this season...

--I hope you are kidding.. I teach a lot of them in my summer classes ( at a community college) and I have never seen that attitude from them ... in fact a few summers ago I had one UNT student that had them shaking their head because he finished test in less than half the time as the rest of them and was making an "A" everytime.  He did not hurt the UNT image any. I also have One Aggie son  and his buddy that regularly attends UNT games (they live in Dallas) with my other son, a UNT comp-sci grad.    We may well be well below A&M athleticly (thanks to SMU and their opposition to us being SWC and CUSA over the years)  but otherwise we definitely aren't.  Many of Aggies son's comp-sci profs had degrees from UNT.

---1. ]No one can make us feel inferior except us , but some here seem to have that oppinion  and seem to be worried about it.  At least once during each summer session I wear an UNT shirt to let them know where their prof came from... and no I don't give all A's or even passing grades usually.  I am not Uncle Scrooge and I am not Santa Claus.

2. Most comment that is is nice to a math prof that actually speaks English instead some other language and are near impossible to understand.   (that is why many take math/sciences classes  at community colleges in the summer, a lot of mine had dropped  at Tech or A&M because they did not have a clue what they were hearing and the instructor did not know what he was really doing)  Freshman/Sophomore profs at mega universities are often grad students (sometime foreign) teaching their first class (I was once one, but Texan) and not a prof that has taught for years and knows what they are doing. 

---As I have said earlier I support every Texas team over out of state universities (except SMU which has done "evil" things to us).  I am amazed by those who would support a Calif.  or Yankee school over fellow Texans...

1. THAT was Hayden Fry's main message when he came to North Texas. And THAT is why he is so revered by almuni from that era.

2,. Man, I would really be in trouble if I tried to take a math course these days. I used to think that all the Amercian born (even Texas born) math teachers that I had in High School and College spoke a foreign language. I've always admired people that could effectively teach math. I just never ran into any of them.

Well Franchione just inked himself five more years with the Aggies today...

That was A&M's first win in Austin in 12 years....

Anytime A&M wins it just makes me want to throw up....Hope that Oklahoma wins

Actually I've meet a few aggies who think of NT as a community college, the reason why you guys havent seen the actual hate and taunts from aggie fans is because we haven't played them in what over a decade, while we have played the Horns and the Sooners every other year, and quite frankly made thier fans believe we are their rivals...

Start playing A&M and NT and you will see the ugly classless fans come out, In my opinion I think the best fans in the region are UNT fans, I havent personally meet a crude one yet.

Texas was a team that lost alot of confidence after the K-state game and has some major problems if they were to lose to K-state, mainly defensive problems.

I told a friend earlier that this could be the Aggies year to beat a wounded Texas team, not suprised by the aggie win what so ever...

I would love to see a NT and A&M game at our new stadium and it being our opener, I think by that time, we can prove how overrated the aggies are.

I try so hard with you nowadays, playmaker, I really do, but I do wonder what you smoke that let's you see the world the way you do.

My very first NT game to see in person was A&M/UNT at Texas Stadium and the fans could not have been nicer. At halftime all I heard was what a great job NT was doing and how they hoped the second half would be as good as the first. When in Austin, I had a kid pull up alongside me downtown, wave at the window, and tell me my "community college school" sucks. The obnoxious ones are usually the pieces of (white) trash with no connection to either program who go out and try to cheer double to make up for not having a degree from the school they wanted (see Junior Miller, Corby Davidson.)

I have already explained to you how games are won and lost at the line in an earlier post back when we at the peak of our fighting (or as I like to call them, the Vagina Monologues) and I really don't see how you don't think a line that wore down Texas's freaking #1 rush D couldn't break down ours, so let's just look at common opponents - ULLAF and Texas. I won't even run the numbers, but you should give it a try. Now in 3 years with a good coach to build this thing, we should give the Ags a run for their money anytime, any place, but to say what you are saying now just makes it harder to keep an eye out for the good points you are capable of making on the board.

A win over the Ags in the new stadium would have no bearing on how overrated they are - that's like saying that Oregon State beating USC this year proved they didn't deserve the title in 2004.

That was a bold move of you to tell your friend you thought the Aggies might win this year. You are an American hero. I don't get why you are rooting for OU today either? To spite A&M by knocking Texas out of the Big 12 title and a BCS bowl? That will teach those stupid Ags...

Let's just get Pappa Rick V Extra Cheese memorial stadium up and running and then we can focus on consistently climbing over Rice, UTEP, TCU, SMU, and Baylor... then Tech... then the world.

The obnoxious ones are usually the pieces of (white) trash with no connection to either program who go out and try to cheer double to make up for not having a degree from the school they wanted (see Junior Miller, Corby Davidson.)

That person falls under the "Boot Licker" category by the way. But you couldn't describe them any better.

Rick