Carroll v. Trinity

BIG DAWG

21-16 Trinity in the 4th

From the Startlegram

Second largest high school crowd ever at Texas Stadium

Posted: Friday, November 24, 2006

Texas Stadium officials announced today's attendance as 46,339. That's the second largest crowd ever to watch a high school football game at the Irving stadium.

The largest crowd ever reported at a Texas high school football game was 49,500 at Texas Stadium when Plano met Port Neches-Groves in the 1977 state final.

Holy Crap!

Trinity fakes a punt in their own end of the field with the lead and it gets stuffed.

SLC gets the ball with a chance.

SLC on 17 yd line 1st down, under 2 min

Peacock

If that call came from the sideline and wasn't an adlib, I think we can eliminate Trinity coach Steve Lineweaver from consideration for the UNT job. Leading by five, in the fourth quarter, and they try a fake punt in their own end of the field. Southlake is fabulous, but that's giving them way too much respect. ohmy.gif

Punt it, go play defense, and make them go 80 yards.

What a game. Coach Peach Jr. who was in the radio booth sounded stunned over the decision to, not only try and pass the ball on the 3rd down by Trinity, which stopped the clock and preserving more time for SLC to work for the win, but then to try a the fake punt.

Amazing.

I would have been there had I not been on duty today. Still, I can't wait until these games are played in Tarrant County here in a couple of years.

Rick

Second largest high school crowd ever at Texas Stadium 

Posted: Friday, November 24, 2006

Texas Stadium officials announced today's attendance as 46,339. That's the second largest crowd ever to watch a high school football game at the Irving stadium.

The largest crowd ever reported at a Texas high school football game was 49,500 at Texas Stadium when Plano met Port Neches-Groves in the 1977 state final.

I was at the Plano/PNG game in '77. The actual listed attendance was 49,953, so close to 50K. I think 4A was the top classification then too.

It's amazing that there were 46,300 to see a second round playoff game. Need any more proof Texas has the best high school football?

It was a great game, and both teams played well enough to win. My hat is off to the Trinity secondary. Dodge had a lot of time to throw, and they covered SLC about as well as you can ask someone to. I also give a hats off to the SLC offensive line who formed a nice pocket for Dodge all game and gave him more than enough time on most plays.

I would be curious to know the reasoning behind the fake punt call in that situation. I also was suprised to see them come out in shotgun and try to throw for the first down on the play before on an out and up. It seemed as though they felt like if they didn't get the first down, SLC would drive and win. I thought the defense had played well enough to trust, but it turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy for the Trojans.

It seemed as though they felt like if they didn't get the first down, SLC would drive and win.  I thought the defense had played well enough to trust, but it turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy for the Trojans.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Trinity went for it because they figured if they gave it to SLC they would score. There is very little chance I go for that in Trinity's position. They had a great Defense that had played well most of the game.

Trinity will be by far the hardest team that SLC will face this year.

I see what you are saying, but those were not all Carroll fans...people have been looking for this game for a while.  You had a ton of people who came just for the game itself without allegiance to either side

On that same note, how many casual fans might find their way to Fouts Field with Dodge at the helm?

On that same note, how many casual fans might find their way to Fouts Field with Dodge at the helm?

Point made...I think that Dodge would bring a large group of people that would come just to see if he could do what he has done at Carroll in Denton.

Hopefully we will be able to see if this is the case biggrin.gif

Point made...I think that Dodge would bring a large group of people that would come just to see if he could do what he has done at Carroll in Denton.

Hopefully we will be able to see if this is the case biggrin.gif

Quite a few Southlake boosters have already said they'd buy tickets and consider NT home games an extension of their Friday nights