Aggies beat Horns

El Paso Eagle

A&M makes me want to throw up.  By far the most ANNOYING fans in the country.  It's one thing to have school spirit but they cross the line, big time.

Sorry you didn't get into OU....

EDIT: wrong post. sorry

Edited by Quoner

You know how really big schools will sometimes have their "pet" team from the mid-major ranks? I like A&M as my pet team from the power conferences. I love their tradition, the unique gameday experience, and what to me are the classiest fans I've encountered from a BCS school.

If you don't like the way they do things in College Station, or you want to buy into the convenient "cult" label, that's totally your deal. But for every one jerk A&M fan I've met, there are about fifty from UT, Tech, or OU. Not a single Aggie i've ever met has been dismissive of North Texas, or looks down their nose at us the way I've found to be typical of longhorn or sooner.

You know how really big schools will sometimes have their "pet" team from the mid-major ranks?  I like A&M as my pet team from the power conferences.  I love their tradition, the unique gameday experience, and what to me are the classiest fans I've encountered from a BCS school.

If you don't like the way they do things in College Station, or you want to buy into the convenient "cult" label, that's totally your deal.  But for every one jerk A&M fan I've met, there are about fifty from UT, Tech, or OU.  Not a single Aggie i've ever met has been dismissive of North Texas, or looks down their nose at us the way I've found to be typical of longhorn or sooner.

I've only been treated like dog s- in two visiting venues when following NT. LSU and Oklahoma (twice). Those are the only places where we just didn't even have much of a good time because the fans were so arrogant, obnoxious, and personally offensive towards NT fans. There's no close third place for me... and believe me, I love a good-natured ribbing as much as anyone. I have many good friends who are Aggies - reasonable, realistic Aggies. The only thing negative about this TAMU win is that it helps Big Red's Car Dealership in Norman.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

I always cheer for Texas. The exceptions; when they play A & M and when they play North Texas.

I've been to all the "money" games over the last 25 or so years, and I've never had a problem with any OU or A & M fans.

I can't wait until Sunday. Our long season will be over.

Join the Mean Green Club (our new coach will want to know how many of us are ready to step up and be counted)

Buy Season Tickets (see above)

GO MEAN GREEN

I've only been treated like dog s- in two visiting venues when following NT. LSU and Oklahoma (twice). Those are the only places where we just didn't even have much of a good time because the fans were so arrogant, obnoxious, and personally offensive towards NT fans. There's no close third place for me...

Then you obviously have never experienced the Afghanistan of the West: New Mexico State.

I've been to all the places listed in the previous posts above, most of them SEVERAL times including LSU of all places. But I have yet to see ANY of them force the entire Mean Green cheering section out of their seats to a worse location in the stands, then install campus, city and county police in place to stand guard over 150 plus empty seats to make sure no one returned.

Rick

Then you obviously have never experienced the Afghanistan of the West:  New Mexico State.

I've been to all the places listed in the previous posts above, most of them SEVERAL times including LSU of all places.  But I have yet to see ANY of them force the entire Mean Green cheering section out of their seats to a worse location in the stands, then install campus, city and county police in place to stand guard over 150 plus empty seats to make sure no one returned.

Rick

Nope -- I was not at that game (sadly)... but it sounds like a helluva story.

You know how really big schools will sometimes have their "pet" team from the mid-major ranks?  I like A&M as my pet team from the power conferences.  I love their tradition, the unique gameday experience, and what to me are the classiest fans I've encountered from a BCS school.

If you don't like the way they do things in College Station, or you want to buy into the convenient "cult" label, that's totally your deal.  But for every one jerk A&M fan I've met, there are about fifty from UT, Tech, or OU.  Not a single Aggie i've ever met has been dismissive of North Texas, or looks down their nose at us the way I've found to be typical of longhorn or sooner.

Glad to see so many Aggie fans around here!

This Aggie always pulls for UNT. Well almost always, I had a bit of a struggle since my dad went to La Tech for one game this year.

Good luck with getting the RIGHT coach. I personally think Gary Barnett is the most interesting.

Glad to see so many Aggie fans around here!

This Aggie always pulls for UNT.  Well almost always, I had a bit of a struggle since my dad went to La Tech for one game this year. 

Good luck with getting the RIGHT coach.  I personally think Gary Barnett is the most interesting.

Good times for Aggie fans/Horn haters who like to play bingo:

http://blog.kir.com/archives/003633.asp

Then you obviously have never experienced the Afghanistan of the West:  New Mexico State.

I've been to all the places listed in the previous posts above, most of them SEVERAL times including LSU of all places.  But I have yet to see ANY of them force the entire Mean Green cheering section out of their seats to a worse location in the stands, then install campus, city and county police in place to stand guard over 150 plus empty seats to make sure no one returned.

Rick

---"The Afganistan of the West"...?? .... LOL

That is pretty bad country but never heard it called that.... LOL

---Was in a mall yesterdy and it appears that several stores have a surplus of UT items.... it appears that they are not selling so well anymore..!!! In fact they had a pretty good sale on most of them. Too bad they are an awful color that goes with about nothing. Perhaps they could be used as camauflage clothing in Afganistan..... or maybe even in the Afganistan of the West.......LOL.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---"The Afganistan of the West"...?? .... LOL

That is pretty bad country but never heard it called that.... LOL

---Was in a mall yesterdy and it appears that several stores have a surplus of UT items.... it appears that they are not selling so well anymore..!!!  In fact they had a pretty good sale on most of them.  Too bad they are an awful color  that goes with about nothing.  Perhaps they could be used as camauflage clothing in Afganistan..... or maybe even  in the Afganistan of the West.......LOL.

Speaking of NCAA merchandise and appearl, next time you visit a store with that stuff and they don't have UNT, speak to a manager about getting our stuff in their stores. It will help promote the University.