Texas State Vs. Mean Green

chrisfisher

Let's not overlook the Texas State game this Saturday. This is NOT a guaranteed win. Texas State lost to UALR by only 5 points last night (83-77). Recall that UALR was picked to win the SBC West. We cannot get complacent with Texas State, like we did with UTA. Get your butts to the Super Pit this Saturday so we can cheer on our team to a 5-1 record!

Edited by chrisfisher

Let's not overlook the Texas State game this Saturday. This is NOT a guaranteed win.  Texas State lost to UALR by only 5 points last night (83-77).  Recall that UALR was picked to win the SBC West.  We cannot get complacent with Texas State, like we did with UTA. Get your butts to the Super Pit this Saturday so we can cheer on our team to a 5-1 record!

5-1*

I am putting up a protest for that one lost.

dry.gif

I am sorry I cannot share your sentiment about the television monitor. Yes, we got robbed on that one. However, I do not blame a television monitor. When we let the referees or equipment decide who wins then we don't deserve that win. We should have been the hell out of UTA, and instead let them lead most of the game. Scoring more points than the opponents overcomes all obstacles including bad refereeing or equipment failures. Hopefully, UTA is our wake up call when playing lesser teams. Apply this lesson to Texas State please.

I am sorry I cannot share your sentiment about the television monitor. Yes, we got robbed on that one. However, I do not blame a television monitor. When we let the referees or equipment decide who wins then we don't deserve that win.  We should have been the hell out of UTA, and instead let them lead most of the game.  Scoring more points than the opponents overcomes all obstacles including bad refereeing or equipment failures.  Hopefully, UTA is our wake up call when playing lesser teams. Apply this lesson to Texas State please.

Thats all good and all but when it comes down to it we scored the same amount of points. It is not like it is a judgement call or anyhting the red light went off the buzzer sounded and then he shot. Plus UTA is not a bad team they played TCU to two Overtimes and are 3-1.

Notice the monitor on the table for the Tulsa game?  But yeah, 5-0-1 should really be our record after TSU since we didn't get to play the OT.

The radio crew made reference to the new monitor during the game. I'm glad UNT Athletics was able to respond quickly to some needed equipment. You'd think that issue would have come up before the UTA game. How long have replay monitors been allowed in college games?

Edited by NT80

Are you guys going to bring a hot, center-fold poster to distract opposing free-throw shooters?  smile.gif

Thank you for remembering that BJ. biggrin.gif You know I tried to find more of those but couldn't find any full size. It would have been even more appropriate for the UTA game since that was the team that got the most upset over it.

If I ever come across some of those full size jobs again I know just the person to give them to to hold up behind the bucket.

Rick