Please have loyalty

J-Mo Fan

I have been reading posts regarding Super J for quite a while now. That being said, it is important for me to say that we are all entitled to our own opinions and what has been said in the past is certainly respected.

However, quite a few Mean Green supporters are now questioning J-Mo's ability and even turning their backs on him. Remember, it was not too long ago when this fine young man turned heads and brought true excitement back to N.T. Football (you know, can't wait for another handoff and when it happens, you are literally at the edge of your seat). The keyboards were burning up this forum board back then.

Back when he did hit the scene, I posted a comment on what a fine young man J-Mo was, and advised the Mean Green Nation that if you knew him personally you would be that much more impressed with him. Over time, I believe that a lot of you have met him and understand what I say to be true.

It is important for everyone to know that this young man has not waivered on his loyalty to U.N.T. Some folks, including coaches may have turned on him, but when the "BIG BOYS" came callling during the Spring and Summer of his Freshman year JaMario anchored down and replied to all "I'm loyal to the green!"

The past two years have been very difficult for him because he knows the expectations and all he wants to do is please everyone-not himself. I have seen him grow and mature over these two and a half years at N.T. but it is very difficult for him to go out and everytime he turns around, somebody is asking him "what is wrong with you?" When you hear that enough times you start questioning your own ability as well. My friends, that is exactly what has happened!

Super-J has always been the kind of back that gets better as the game goes on. He has to get a feel for it and when he does, he just gets stronger. You cannot do that when you only run an avg. 12 times a game! Just because he does not break one does not mean that he does not have it. He still runs a 4.3 and the guy bench presses over 460lbs! It has pained me to watch him just get completely hammered going up the middle all of the time, or having three guys on him in the backfield on a delayed handoff.

After the ULL game, he had only 2 yards on 6 carries. While speaking to him you might as well thought that he had 200 yards on 20 carries because he was so happy for the team winning the game...that is the type of person he is!

Please, just remember it is tough to demand loyalty when you don't extend it first. I make no mistake about it, JaMario Thomas is my man and will remain, always. No matter if he is on the field or off! He has brought me and my family so much happiness over the past 10 years on and off the field. We bleed green because of him. This is something that he will overcome, but he needs the support of the entire cast (fans, Coaches, etc.). Just remember, Super-J is a GREAT football player-the beauty of it is... he is a better person!

To coin a good friend's saying... GLORY to THE GREEN!

I have been reading posts regarding Super J for quite a while now. That being said, it is important for me to say that we are all entitled to our own opinions and what has been said in the past is certainly respected.

However, quite a few Mean Green supporters are now questioning J-Mo's ability and even turning their backs on him.

I don't think anybody in the Mean Green Nation is turning thier backs on our favorite back! Nobody questions the high character gentleman J-MO is, what is being brought up is, despite the 4.3 speed and 460 bench press why has is production tailed off so sharply since his freahman year? When that is solved, we will be on the edge of our seats again.

Is JMo still having lingering physical (hamstring) problem or is it just a lack of confidence issue (with himself/coaching staff) at this point?

I know that everyone is pulling for Jamario to have a bounce back senior season. As a freshman, you just knew that you were watching something very special in JMo. I hope it's not something physical that is keeping him from returing to freshman season form.

Maybe the new coaching staff can help to get Jamario back on track. I can't think of anything better for Mean Green fans next year. Ok maybe finding a quarterback would be a tie. laugh.gif

Great post. 

The blame lays directly at RF's feet and that's all about to change.   

Rick

BULLSEYE Rick!!!!....we have a winner! J-Mo will be fine in a better scheme. That scheme will be here for Spring ball. I cant wait to see what we have. If it is the spread offense, J-Mo could catch and carry. Sounds like a good deal to me!

By the way, I havent seen any posts that talk bad about J-Mo? Did I miss something?

GMG!!!

However, quite a few Mean Green supporters are now questioning J-Mo's ability and even turning their backs on him. Remember, it was not too long ago when this fine young man turned heads and brought true excitement back to N.T. Football (you know, can't wait for another handoff and when it happens, you are literally at the edge of your seat). The keyboards were burning up this forum board back then.

Back when he did hit the scene, I posted a comment on what a fine young man J-Mo was, and advised the Mean Green Nation that if you knew him personally you would be that much more impressed with him. Over time, I believe that a lot of you have met him and understand what I say to be true.

It is important for everyone to know that this young man has not waivered on his loyalty to U.N.T. Some folks, including coaches may have turned on him, but when the "BIG BOYS" came callling during the Spring and Summer of his Freshman year JaMario anchored down and replied to all "I'm loyal to the green!"

The past two years have been very difficult for him because he knows the expectations and all he wants to do is please everyone-not himself. I have seen him grow and mature over these two and a half years at N.T. but it is very difficult for him to go out and everytime he turns around, somebody is asking him "what is wrong with you?" When you hear that enough times you start questioning your own ability as well. My friends, that is exactly what has happened!

Super-J has always been the kind of back that gets better as the game goes on. He has to get a feel for it and when he does, he just gets stronger. You cannot do that when you only run an avg. 12 times a game! Just because he does not break one does not mean that he does not have it. He still runs a 4.3 and the guy bench presses over 460lbs! It has pained me to watch him just get completely hammered going up the middle all of the time, or having three guys on him in the backfield on a delayed handoff.

After the ULL game, he had only 2 yards on 6 carries. While speaking to him you might as well thought that he had 200 yards on 20 carries because he was so happy for the team winning the game...that is the type of person he is!

Please, just remember it is tough to demand loyalty when you don't extend it first. I make no mistake about it, JaMario Thomas is my man and will remain, always. No matter if he is on the field or off! He has brought me and my family so much happiness over the past 10 years on and off the field. We bleed green because of him. This is something that he will overcome, but he needs the support of the entire cast (fans, Coaches, etc.). Just remember, Super-J is a GREAT football player-the beauty of it is... he is a better person! 

I have never seen anyone question JMo's character, and every time I've met him, I've thought only great things about him. I don't think it's so much people on this board questioning his athletic ability nor his commitment to North Texas, but rather, which coach should be blamed for his problems. A lot of fault lies at the feet of RF for poor playcalling, and I'd wager a heavy load goes to Ethridge for the sorry O-line play. We all hope that he has an amazing senior year, not only because it represents our university, but because JMo truly deserves it, and his is the kind of talent you hope to see on Sundays.

If JMo reads this board, or if he's thinking the alumni are turning his backs on him, please know that's not the case at all. While we armchair quarterback and speculate on the team, everyone on this board cares about the players. Tell JMo that he should be less concerned with the pressure put on him, and more concerned with having fun. We all know what he can do when he's having fun. Finally, tell him to study hard, take breaks, and have a great offseason. We're looking forward to seeing him in the Spring.

Maybe he has just lost some desire to play as hard as he did back in his freshman year due to the currect coaching staff. I wouldn't doubt nor would I have a problem if that was the case. It is pretty hard to watch this team do over and over things that really get them no where, so I wouldn't be shocked at all to hear that he is just tired and would be extra motivated for a change.

Guest GrayEagleOne

No one questions J-Mo's character; he is simply the best!

What concerns me is that he is trying to play hurt. If his hamstring injury is hampering his performance tho the extent that it looks, then he should have been rested weeks ago.

As bad as they have been, we still had the same coaches that we had when J-Mo ran for 1,800 yards in 2004 except for the RB coach. True, the defenses may not have keyed on him to the extent that they do today but they were still putting eight and up in the box due to our running offense. The concern is that Robertson is averaging two more yards per carry with the same line that blocks for Jamario. That tells me that J-Mo is still jursing the same injury because he's too good to have that kind of performance.

I think some of us may have turned a blind eye to what has been going on. Yes, people have questioned J-Mo's ability. I've heard it in the stands, there's a poll asking if he should be the starter next year, hell I've even seen posts saying he's washed up and might never return to form.

Like J-Mo fan brings up, he's been taking a beating this season and it's got nothing to do with his talent...it's all blocking and horrific play calling. And before anyone draws ANY comparisons to Evan or any of our other backs they call different plays for J-Mo and he's not a scat back really. He just looked that way as a freshman.

True, the defenses may not have keyed on him to the extent that they do today but they were still putting eight and up in the box due to our running offense. The concern is that Robertson is averaging two more yards per carry with the same line that blocks for Jamario.

Yes defenses did put eight in the box in '04. They also knew there was at least a chance that we would throw on them.

As bad as they have been, we still had the same coaches that we had when J-Mo ran for 1,800 yards in 2004 except for the RB coach. 

That was the O-line coach's first season, he hadn't had a chance to screw them up enought yet. Ask Patrick Cobbs if there was a difference between the '03 and '05 lines he ran behind.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

My memory of the past is anything but perfect; however, some times this season I have found myself saying 'I think he would have made that guy miss before'. On the other hand, looking forward, no one progresses in a strictly linear fashion. Even if it were correct to say that there is something missing, it's reasonable to expect that it will be back bigger than ever at some point.

I think some of us may have turned a blind eye to what has been going on.  Yes, people have questioned J-Mo's ability.  I've heard it in the stands, there's a poll asking if he should be the starter next year, hell I've even seen posts saying he's washed up and might never return to form. 

Like J-Mo fan brings up, he's been taking a beating this season and it's got nothing to do with his talent...it's all blocking and horrific play calling.  And before anyone draws ANY comparisons to Evan or any of our other backs they call different plays for J-Mo and he's not a scat back really.  He just looked that way as a freshman.

J-Mo showed us things his freshman year many of us who'd been around a few decades had never, ever seen at UNT and many of us also feel his senior year will be the icing on the cake for his Mean Green career with much of that due to a fresh new start for him and all his teammates with a new coaching staff who will probably bring in an offense that will utilize his "healed hamstring" talents. Picking up a couple of solid heralded JUCO offensive linemen in our winter recruiting probably wouldn't hurt things, either, for Super "J." . rolleyes.gif

GO! GO! SUPER JAMARIO! cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen