FW*Telegram Defiant Dickey defends results

OldTimer

We keep saying CUSA is stronger than the Sun Belt. Tulsa won their division in CUSA, then they won their conference Championship. And then they won their bowl. Last year they actually were strong!

Agreed but I think the point that GMG 1999 was trying to make was that due to the elevated expectations that all of us had for last years team (and dream schedule to boot) that the loss at home to Tulsa if front of a huge fired up fanbase was ultra defeating.

It was one of the worst days I have ever experienced watching a game at Fouts. Deflating is the perfect word for the experience. Yeah, Tulsa was good last year, but not 52 points better at home is all. We had come to expect better and we didn't get it that day...and we haven't gotten it since.

Guest GrayEagleOne

What in the hell is wrong with you people? I guess this is where Dickey's attitude has taken us. We are not happy with a $1.5 million contribution because we still have another $58.5 to go (although I believe that the first stage was $45 million).

This is one contribution and our largest announced to date. We should be happy. Instead, we say this is just a small drop in the bucket compared to our real needs. Do you really think that this is all that we have to date? You know us, we don't even start a campaign publicly until we have a fairly large percentage committed privately.

We've had enough negatism for awhile. Oh, I realize that everything's not going to go as smooth as we want it but look for some good unless the bad just overwhelms yuu.

The glass may not be half full yet but at least we've covered the bottom.

What in the hell is wrong with you people?  I guess this is where Dickey's attitude has taken us.  We are not happy with a $1.5 million contribution because we still have another $58.5 to go (although I believe that the first stage was $45 million).

This is one contribution and our largest announced to date.  We should be happy.  Instead, we say this is just a small drop in the bucket compared to our real needs.  Do you really think that this is all that we have to date?  You know us, we don't even start a campaign publicly until we have a fairly large percentage committed privately. 

We've had enough negatism for awhile.  Oh, I realize that everything's not going to go as smooth as we want it but look for some good unless the bad just overwhelms yuu. 

Agreed. We have been waiting for the stadium fund campaign to go public for a long time, and many have lost heart. This is a great way to kick it off and great positive publicity after the Dickey firing.

We've had enough negatism for awhile.  Oh, I realize that everything's not going to go as smooth as we want it but look for some good unless the bad just overwhelms yuu. 

GE1, you don't know how happy I am to read this. All of bitching and complaining should be put away for awhile. Personally, I am very excited about our future.

One of the worst losses this year was at the hands of MTSU. 

I didn't realize MTSU was a money game this year.

Oh, DD only wanted to focus on losses where he could try to find an excuse.

The MTSU loss this season was the worst conference home loss in the history of Fouts. dry.gif

My Xmas wish is for SMUt to rehire DD and RF as assistants. biggrin.gif

Edited by NT80