Interesting Dodge/UNT Thread on Tex Prep

Harry

Like many of you, I, too, am one tough sale but...

...yall have convinced me that Todd Dodge is the way to go for our new UNT head football coach. Probably doesn't hurt that he's already had 2 years at UNT albeit has been several years ago.

Wonder if he could recruit his blue chip QB son to come to UNT next year? rolleyes.gif In fact, what is the skinny on that kid as far as his D1-A collegiate potential? If you can go by his stats, he will surely be highly recruited next year (if he isn't already). One thing for certain is that the Dodge kid does have those good genes.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Wonder if he could recruit his blue chip QB son to come to UNT next year? rolleyes.gif  In fact, what is the skinny on that kid as far as his D1-A collegiate potential?  If you can go by his stats, he will surely be highly recruited next year (if he isn't already).

I tried to find on Rivals.com a listing of the Top 100 Juniors this season in High School, but could not find it. That Chase Daniels that is at MO is doing great things up there and I believe that Riley Dodge is better than he was, at least numbers wise. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Riley was considered to be in the top 20 QB Juniors, but I can not remember where. I do know that their RB, Trev Newton is a top RB prospect.

this is crazy. why would north texas take such a big chance on a high school football coach? i know that everyone in this area has big one for Todd Dodge but across this country there are several more Todd Dodge's coaching at the high school level. look at oaks christian in california. look at de la salle in the bay area. this is just two teams in california. if i was familiar with florida or any of the northeast high schools i could probally name some there. i just think that it is crazy for us to put pressure on the admin to hire Todd Dodge or get everyone to thinking that this would be a great hire. if RV takes a look at it and decides it is a good move then i am behind it but some folks are talking like we have a chance to bring Woody Hayes back from the dead. let this thing play out and see who would be intrested in the job

Wonder if he could recruit his blue chip QB son to come to UNT next year?  In fact, what is the skinny on that kid as far as his D1-A collegiate potential?  If you can go by his stats, he will surely be highly recruited next year (if he isn't already).

My understanding is that he will be one of the top quarterback recruits in the state. Probably right next to Tre Newton, the SLC running back.

this is crazy.  why would north texas take such a big chance on a high school football coach?  i know that everyone in this area has big one for Todd Dodge but across this country there are several more Todd Dodge's coaching at the high school level.  look at oaks christian in california.  look at de la salle in the bay area.  this is just two teams in california.  if i was familiar with florida or any of the northeast high schools i could probally name some there.  i just think that it is crazy for us to put pressure on the admin to hire Todd Dodge or get everyone to thinking that this would be a great hire.  if RV takes a look at it and decides it is a good move then i am behind it but some folks are talking like we have a chance to bring Woody Hayes back from the dead.  let this thing play out and see who would be intrested in the job

But UNTSIG, Todd Dodge (former UT QB) is coaching at a HS located right here in the DFW Metroplex--same place our school seems to be located last time I checked. rolleyes.gif

We do need to find the right true fit, though, no matter who our new HFC turns out to be.

but across this country there are several more Todd Dodge's coaching at the high school level. look at oaks christian in california. look at de la salle in the bay area. this is just two teams in california. if i was familiar with florida or any of the northeast high schools i could probally name some there.

Its not the same. I am still looking for a high school stadium out here in California that holds 13,00 people; and is actually made of concrete (my wife showed some of her student athletes pictures of SLC facilites, and they couldn't believe it was for HS football).

Todd Dodge is king of high school football in the greatest state for high school football.

Guest GrayEagleOne

this is crazy.  why would north texas take such a big chance on a high school football coach?  i know that everyone in this area has big one for Todd Dodge but across this country there are several more Todd Dodge's coaching at the high school level.  look at oaks christian in california.  look at de la salle in the bay area.  this is just two teams in california.  if i was familiar with florida or any of the northeast high schools i could probally name some there.  i just think that it is crazy for us to put pressure on the admin to hire Todd Dodge or get everyone to thinking that this would be a great hire.  if RV takes a look at it and decides it is a good move then i am behind it but some folks are talking like we have a chance to bring Woody Hayes back from the dead.  let this thing play out and see who would be intrested in the job

I agree that we don't do the hiring on this board and it is up to Rick and Dr. Bataille to decide on the hire and then get BOR approval.

But, let's address the high school level coaches. On paper, there are none better. Todd Dodge has been National Coach of the Year twice, to go along with his team's national championships. His record since Southlake Carroll has been 5-A is something like 63-1. Can you show me ANY high school coach in the country that can match that record?

Initially, Don Carthel was my favorite and possibly still is, but only if he wants to be here. I haven't heard any indication of that but since he is still in the Division II playoffs, that's understandable.

That failing, Todd Dodge has all of the potential to be among the best. He is not the reincarnation of any former great but his own unique coach. If he is the highest rated coach on the list, do whatever it takes to get him. He should be worth it.