Rice coach thinks Dodge can do it

GreenBat

Rice's Graham: Dodge can do it

I was chatting with first-year Rice coach Todd Graham for a story that will run later this week and asked if he thought Southlake Carroll's Todd Dodge would be a good hire for North Texas.

"I would have all the confidence in the world in Coach Dodge," said Graham, who is five years removed from being Allen's head coach. "He's one of the best coaches around and a great offensive mind. I don't think he'd have any problem."

Graham said recruiting is the biggest concern in hiring a coach straight out of high school. But he said Dodge, who was UNT's offensive coordinator in 1992-93, understands the recruiting process because of his previous college experience. Dodge turned down Graham's offer to become Rice's offensive coordinator last winter.

Rice's Graham: Dodge can do it

I was chatting with first-year Rice coach Todd Graham for a story that will run later this week and asked if he thought Southlake Carroll's Todd Dodge would be a good hire for North Texas.

"I would have all the confidence in the world in Coach Dodge," said Graham, who is five years removed from being Allen's head coach. "He's one of the best coaches around and a great offensive mind. I don't think he'd have any problem."

Graham said recruiting is the biggest concern in hiring a coach straight out of high school. But he said Dodge, who was UNT's offensive coordinator in 1992-93, understands the recruiting process because of his previous college experience. Dodge turned down Graham's offer to become Rice's offensive coordinator last winter.

That’s reassuring!

Dodge turned down Graham's offer to become Rice's offensive coordinator last winter.

Interesting that he turned down that OC job. Wonder what it paid? Perhaps now that Dodge has coached his son at QB for a season he would be more willing to leave Southlake, especially since UNT is so close he could commute from home. Plus Rice would be a tough place to recruit to with all their high academic requirements.